Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Cua
Pro Member
Votes |
Leaping into apartments now thanks to BP education(the start)

Jeff Cua
Pro Member
Posted Dec 9 2022, 14:43

Hi all,

Im really excited as of recently but know I got a lot more work cut out for me! Since 2020 me and my fiancé have been learning so much from BP and other sources as well as sacrificing a lot as for far as short term experiences and pleasures . Since then we have 3 single family rentals(self managed) and currently house hacking! As or recent I came across an opportunity from one of my old friends uncle that owns an auto mechanic shop/business(where we have been bringing our cars to for 15+ years) . Turns out he owns a few more businesses(commercial) around the area that I never knew about. Long story short he knows me very well since I was a kid and has been seeing my progress in life, business and career. Pretty much he trust in me and my experience so far and wants me to find a deal for a 15-30 unit apartment. Ive picked up Joe Fairless's book "Best Apartment syndication book ever" after listening to it on audible. Going to be doing my HW so that I am as competent as I can be jumping into my first apartment. Like buying some flashcards and getting all the vocabulary understood. I'm asking for your help in the forums to see if anyone has been where I'm at and what you did to prepare yourself for this endeavor. Books, specific BP episodes, videos? Anything helps. Thanks all and have a great weekend!

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Dec 9 2022, 15:00

What market(s) are you looking in?

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Cua
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 9 2022, 15:40

Hi Taylor! Thanks for the reply. I’m not really focused on which market just quite yet just because I want to build up my competency first hand, but I do know that I will be investing in the landlord friendly market and follow the fundamentals. Just a deck, the most odds in my favor to reduce risk. I’m more so looking for advice on kind of just getting started to where I’m at in the journey right now.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Cua
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 9 2022, 15:41

Just to stack the most*

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Cua
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 9 2022, 15:42

I’ve joined David Greene’s mastermind and starting gobundance emerge in January 2023

User Stats

Votes
Brian Plajer
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chalfont, PA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chalfont, PA
Replied Dec 10 2022, 03:20

I am learning a lot from the book Financial Freedom with Real Estate Investing by Michael Blank. Breaks down every step of buying apartment buildings.  I also find podcasts really educational. The Lead Sponsor, with David Robinson and Michael Blank has one as well, same title as the book.  Best of luck to you!

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Cua
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Dec 10 2022, 06:09

Thanks Brian! I’m adding it now. I appreciate your advice! Happy holidays too!