Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Paul Smith
Votes |
Power Washing a Brick Building

Paul Smith
Posted May 25 2023, 13:26

Has anyone power washed their brick apartment before and if so, was it worth it? I'm considering that on one of our properties. I assume painting would be a waste, besides the white trim on the windows and balconies. Any idea on what it would cost for a 6 unit? 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Samudio
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lincoln, NE
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Lincoln, NE
Replied May 26 2023, 15:17

Hi! I may not currently own a brick apartment but I have witnessed the visual value of power washing brick residencies. Massive difference.

It may be worth your resources depending upon your near-term goals.  Are you looking to budget for the wash as part of upkeep? Are you looking to prepare to stage the property for prospective sellers? Are your current residents concerned about the current look and feel of the exterior of this property? 

It may be wise to outsource the task if it will be a one time decision. I'd be curious what you decide to do, as well.

Take care!

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Jun 1 2023, 05:23
Quote from @Paul Smith:

Has anyone power washed their brick apartment before and if so, was it worth it? I'm considering that on one of our properties. I assume painting would be a waste, besides the white trim on the windows and balconies. Any idea on what it would cost for a 6 unit? 

Of course, cost about $650ish You PM should handle for you  

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.