Votes
Jephte Augustin
  • Lawrence Township, NJ
Votes |
The state of small multi-family in Central and South Jersey

Jephte Augustin
  • Lawrence Township, NJ
Posted May 26 2023, 19:47

BiggerPockets has been pushing multi family hard in the last few weeks and I’ve caught the bug. The question I have is whether anyone is aware of the health of the small multi family market (5-20 units) in New Jersey, especially central and south Jersey? Are you aware of an increase in listings? Are there brokers here who wouldn’t mind sharing what they see from their point of view?

User Stats

Votes
Jeff Nash
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • McKinney, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Accountant
  • McKinney, TX
Replied May 27 2023, 07:12

I am originally from NJ and can get you in touch with some people that might be able to help you with your inquiry.  I’ll be up there next week. 

User Stats

Votes
Joseph Guzzardi Jr
  • Rental Property Investor
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
Replied May 30 2023, 10:13
Quote from @Jephte Augustin:

BiggerPockets has been pushing multi family hard in the last few weeks and I’ve caught the bug. The question I have is whether anyone is aware of the health of the small multi family market (5-20 units) in New Jersey, especially central and south Jersey? Are you aware of an increase in listings? Are there brokers here who wouldn’t mind sharing what they see from their point of view?

I have primarily been a buyer in the 2-4 unit space and now underwriting deals in the 10-30 unit range in NJ. Many are over priced and many owners still trying to sell at lower cap rates where at least for me it doesn't make sense to make a move if its fairly close to the int rate I would be paying. South NJ has better opportunity in my opinion from what I have seen in terms of bang for your buck. 
I'm also open to building relationships with these commercial brokers/agents in the NJ area. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes