Investment in the near future

8 Replies

I am looking to invest in a 50 unit multi-family apartment in either Florida or Texas and I was wondering what are some specific ways that i should look into in order to start the process of building a newly apartment on land or buying an existing complex and renovating it without using loans?  

Welcome to biggerpockets

Aspbp and podcasts are located under the " learn " tab.

Research biggerpockets threads via Joel Owens and Ben Leybovich

Welxome @Briandra Diggs . Knowledge is power, and you came to the right place... How Much do you already know about real estate? Have you attended your local REIA meetings?

Originally posted by @Jenkins Ramon :

Welcome to biggerpockets

Aspbp and podcasts are located under the " learn " tab.

Research biggerpockets threads via Joel Owens and Ben Leybovich

ok, thank you!

Originally posted by @Nick Britton :

Welxome @Briandra Diggs. Knowledge is power, and you came to the right place... How Much do you already know about real estate? Have you attended your local REIA meetings?

I am new to real estate, but i will say I am researching everyday to find ways to get more involved. Not sure if getting my sales associate license will steer me in the right direction I want to go, but I do know that's what I want to invest in (multi-family apartment complex). I also know that this type of real estate is considered commercial as well, so perhaps the sales associate license will not help me?? How can I get more information on the REIA meetings as well?

If you are just starting out why start with a 50 unit complex, why not start with a couple triplex or duplex, or even buy and rent a single family unit first. List to the podcast, you will find a lot of useful information. Episode 135 talks about apartments. To be a real estate investor you don't really need a license, you only need it to collect commissions on transactions, and when you get one you will be able to do residential and commercial real estate, it just depends on what you want to specialize in.

@DwainBeckford ok so start out with something smaller then work my way up to it, is what you are saying? I am still getting use to Bigger pockets, so any help will be great! Thanks!

Originally posted by @Briandra Diggs :

@DwainBeckford ok so start out with something smaller then work my way up to it, is what you are saying? I am still getting use to Bigger pockets, so any help will be great! Thanks!

Thats correct, that way you can become familiar with some of the things that might go wrong during a deal.