Finding Apartments to mail to

6 Replies

Hey everybody,

I want to start sending out letters to apartment complex owners but was wondering if anyone had any advice on finding them. I'm very familiar with my area and know about a few properties but I was curious as to whether there was a better way or source of finding them in bulk for a particular area. Any feedback is very appreciated, thanks!!!

You can purchase lists of any type of property from Listsource. Their website makes it easy to select your list. You have to establish a free account there first. I'd recommend calling their support number to get instructions on how to use the system and create you specific list. Title companies can help too.

Would you send them to the address of the apartment complex or to the direct address of the owner? I would imagine that the latter would be best but I am curious. What I probably should have said was, is there anywhere that I can find a list of all of the apartments in my area? 

Originally posted by @Matthew Rembish :

Would you send them to the address of the apartment complex or to the direct address of the owner? I would imagine that the latter would be best but I am curious. What I probably should have said was, is there anywhere that I can find a list of all of the apartments in my area? 

Send it to the owner address, not the property address.

I am sure there are sources to find apartment addresses, but honestly I think I'd drive around and just write down ones you have an interest in.  Gives you more familiarity with neighborhoods and then you are not wasting time writing letters to ones you would never want to own.

Reviving this conversation - what specific search criteria did you go with?

I purchased a list but the data was terrible. I searched in California for properties with a Unit # 5-100 expecting to get multifamily properties with 5+ units. I didn't specify a Detailed Property Type. The list I got had to have been half filled with what seems to look like condo owners. I tried another search with a Detailed Property Type of "commercial - multi-family" and I barely got any results.

Can someone please advise on how I can improve my search or on what I'm doing wrong?