• Real Estate Agent
  • Greenville, SC
Votes |
Financing for new construction Muli family units - duplexes

Josh Bogal
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Greenville, SC
Posted Jul 25 2016, 12:28

Hello, I’m a new part time realtor, primarily holding my license for invest opportunities. My license is hung with a company that builds custom homes. I’ve been trying to get my foot in the door with Multi Units rental properties, hold and save long term investment. Initially i was searching for already built and established units but what I was finding is the area I live in just wasn’t producing any great options. I currently reside in Greenville, SC a city that on the rise at a very quick rate. I'm now looking to build new units, my Fiancée and I have around $100,000 DP and great Debt to income ratio, long term job, great credit history, collateral, etc. But what I’m finding is banks will not entertain new construction mult unit loans. I’ve applied with Wells Fargo and a local credit union that was recommended, both have came back with the same type of response. They are not interested in "speculative" properties.. I’ve tossed around the idea of trying hard money lending but know this will be very costly in monthly interest rates? I’m just looking for suggestions or any info that could get in going in the right direction.  . 

Also, I have found a great piece of peoperty that can accomidate 12 total duplexs. the builder i work for sounds intertested in building them and or throwing in the investment with me..  

Loading replies...