Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Anthony T.
  • Allen, TX
Votes |
New to the Multi-Family investing world!

Anthony T.
  • Allen, TX
Posted Dec 4 2016, 20:45

Hello All,

Just most recently stumbled upon the potential of multi-family property investing.  I have a few questions/request that I hope the community here could help me out with to get me up to speed.  Looking to make a investment within the next 2-4 months hopefully.  Here's a little background on myself to start:

- Age: 29, Degree: Finance & Accounting, Current Occupation: Sr. Financial Analyst FP&A, Hobbies: Fishing, First House Bought: 2012(2-story townhome), Investing Exp.: Stocks/Market Securities: 10 years, Real Estate: 0 years

Questions/Request:

1) As an investor, what do you prioritize in importance when it comes to price/unit, capitalization rate, age, etc.?  What ranges do you typically stick to for each category?

2) Are there any property types you try to stay away from the best you can?

3) What other online resources do you gravitate to when it comes to property search besides loopnet, zillow, craigslist, etc.?

4)  Any hot markets currently that you're seeking to purchase in?  I live in Dallas and I know that it's a really hot market currently, but not much is available it seems...

5)  Is there a way to get into one of the developing apartment complexes as an investor?  I'm not accredited, so not sure if it'll work.

6) Would any be some kind to share their spreadsheets they use when it comes to property valuation and ROI analysis?

I definitely have a lot more questions, but I think if y'all can help me with the questions I've listed above, I'll have a good beginners understanding.  I appreciate the help in advance!

Loading replies...