Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Scott Bower
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mesa, AZ
Votes |
SFR wholesaling is great, Apartment syndication is better!

Scott Bower
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Mesa, AZ
Posted Mar 28 2017, 15:07

Hey BP! My name is Scott Bower, and I have been wholesaling SFR's with great success in the Phoenix market for the last 3 years. When I first started my investing career, I thought apartments was what I wanted to do so I hired Dave Lindahl to teach me back in 2013. At the time, I met a former student of Dave's local here in Phx who syndicated 350 Apt units using his system, so I had to meet him. After our meeting, we decided at the time that wholesaling was a better way to make quick cash so we put a system in place for that. I worked with him for about 6 months before breaking off on my own. Since then, I move between 5-10 SFRs/month. It's great, however apartments are where it's at.

I actually hired another BP member, and friend of mine Joe Fairless last year to help me with getting into syndication. I have been so tied up with the SFR's I haven't had a lot of time to spend on apartment syndication.

The major issue I am having is finding passive investors who want to invest in larger assets. I have many that will invest in SFR's, but very few that want to invest in anything larger. Any tips is greatly appreciated! Look forward to any advice out there!

Thank you! 

Loading replies...