Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Solomon Hikssa
  • San Pedro, CA
Votes |
Off-market Deal and Need Help with Lending Options!

Solomon Hikssa
  • San Pedro, CA
Posted Aug 16 2017, 09:38

Hi All,

Need your help. I was in escrow for a 4-unit quad plex for 225K in Portage, MI but the owner just provided an off-market deal to add on his other 4-unit property into the deal for a total packaged price of 420K. Unfortunately, max that I am able to contribute is 20% towards the down payment and multiple portfolio lenders that I spoke with said that they require a minimum of 25%-- a little over my capability. I am trying to ask Owner if he is willing to do seller financing but he is not willing to do and just wants to get rid of the properties.

In need of any fellow bigger pockets members to help with any referrals  to lending companies that lend in Michigan and lend at a lower LTV (20% or less). 

NOTE ABOUT THE DEAL: Property under contract includes two 4 -unit complexes on the same block, both for 430K, in the Portage, Michigan (a grade "A-" or "B" location) area. Both 4-unit properties are identical with 2 bedrooms, one bath, all with attached garage and 2 of the units with an unfinished basement. All units are greater than 900 sq. ft. The complexes have long term tenants. Currently, combined rent is approx $5300 but market rent is approximately (according to 2 different property managers and general comps assessment)  $7,600. Inspection of the first 4-unit property is complete and requires new HVAC and  2 new AC replacements (over 30 years old). Let me know if you need more details. 

Loading replies...