• Rental Property Investor
  • Yorba Linda, CA
Votes |
LifeProof Luxury Vinyl Flooring w/ 1960's style tubs

Phil Christian
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Yorba Linda, CA
Posted Mar 22 2018, 20:10

In the last ~2 years we have upgraded ~220+ units and our flooring in the bathrooms has always been either TrafficMaster Allure Vinyl Plank (the stick down flexible product) or 12"x 24" Porcelain Tile all depending on our budgets/community demographics. 

I have a project where we will be moving to the LifeProof Luxury Vinyl Plank (8mm/Waterproof/snap-together) throughout the unit; floating for installation.  

I just realized that we have the 1960's, old school, tubs with the obnoxious curves on each end (pic related).  If it was a flat surface we would simply install quarter round with clear caulking to act as the moisture barrier and keeping the flooring down. Unfortunately, I'm very concerned that the only solution might be the flexible base cove which never looks good nor would it offer a tight fit like quarter round. 

The 2nd picture is an example of our generic finished units and this particular project with the LifeProof flooring has to be a higher quality to hit our underwriting rents. 

Does anyone have any proven solutions or best practices as it relates to installing a floating planks against the uneven tub? 

Loading replies...