Skip to content
Multi-Family and Apartment Investing

User Stats

Votes
Johnny Chen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Does This Exist? The Dream Multi-Family Investment Scenario.

Johnny Chen
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jun 19 2018, 02:51

I think I've found the ultimate investing combination, but does it exist? Here is what it would consist of, I'd love it if anyone has done this or knows of a place where we can invest in a project like this. It would essentially be a BBBR, Buy & Hold, Multi-Family, Syndication Platform combo. 

Multi-Family (40 units and up)

Leveraged (Investors put up max 25%, Bank finances the rest) 

Value-Add (Finding ways to increase property value and rent)

Cashflow Positive (Cashflow positive once stabilized) 

Refinance & Hold (The ability to pull out 50-100% of our initial capital while keeping the property)

Skin the Game (Enough so they're not just gambling with other people's money)  

The above seems doable so far by going through a syndicator, although I haven't seen many who want to buy and hold the properties for cash flow and allow investors to pull out their initial investments after a few years. (Maybe Cardone Capital, as that's what he preaches, but I don't know the details of his actual deals. Any insights?)

Online Platform (The ability to invest remotely and track finances through an online dashboard)

This might be the biggest road block, so if anyone knows of the perfect place to find deals like this that aren't online, please point me to them. But ideally I'd like to invest into deals like this through some type of online platform such as FundRise, RealtyMogul, etc, because I live 90% of the time outside of the USA and do everything virtually online. It's much easier to login to a dashboard and do bank transfers online than deal with things in person or paper. 

The other benefits of an online platform would be 3rd party vetting since these platforms also have a reputation to protect, and the ability to easily scale by allowing a bunch of $10,000 investors into a deal, instead of having $100,000 minimums.

Question - Does this real estate investing unicorn exist and if not, why doesn't it? Is there something that makes this unlikely or impossible to offer? If it does exist, can someone please point me into a direction on how to find and invest in a deal like this? The closest thing I've found and invested in so far is the Growth eREIT with Fundrise and the MogulREIT II but it seems like the plan of exit is to liquidate after 5 years for a windfall.

Ideal Situation, Ideal Life - Basically what I'm looking for, and I'm sure a lot of other people in the world is a way to put in $XX,000 amount of capital, have that money be used to buy a value add multi-family, stabilize it, start collecting a bit of cashflow as well as having the tenants pay down our mortgage, refinance after a few years to take back out 70-100% of our initial investment, (which we can then use to buy another deal like this), while keeping the property to cashflow, and eventually after 15-30 years owning the property free and clear for higher cashflow. 

Does this exist? It really seems like the dream situation for me and I'm sure a lot of other hands off investors? Thanks for any insights, thoughts or suggestions. 

Loading replies...