• Chesapeake, VA
Votes |
Norfolk Virginia Rentals

Account Closed
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Chesapeake, VA
Posted May 18 2019, 17:11

Good Evening,

I have searched high and low for the last few months via Trulia/Zillow for anything from a duplex-quadplex property, in addition to working with my third agent and receiving listings (which typically mirrored what i was seeing). Having learned many areas I have narrowed my search/# of available assets or potential thereof to the surrounding areas of ODU campus colonial place SSE to park place in Norfolk, VA. With the market as it is, I'm really only seeing quadplexes' as the profitable price points for myself.

Problem:

These properties seem to hit the market with either offers already on them or “under contract.” ( I potentially missed two opportunities that I went to place an offer after 1 day of being listed with ratified contracts).

Solution Attempt:

- I now have what i believe to be a more knowledgeable agent after moving on from my previous two.

- I have canvased the area calling on properties with for rent signs if they had them (approx 12). However i typically get a property manager who defaults to we are not interested in selling....

- I am posting here, reaching out and trying to network for leads prior to these properties hitting the market.

Questions

1. Most importantly is there anyone here that has property of that criteria interested in selling in the greater ODU area, or have points of contact that may be?

2. Is there any advice on more effective methods of accomplishing my goal of purchasing a quadplex as described above I have not explored?

3. Are there any know realestate groups in the Chesapeake/Hampton roads, VA area I may become a part of?

Hope everyone has a great rest of their weekend! Happy Hunting!

-Rick

Loading replies...