Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes

Looking for people who are interested in development

April Patterson
Posted Jan 15 2022, 06:43

Good morning, Everyone. I am April and I live in Skagit County in Washington state. I love Skagit county, but it is what we call a "fixer upper" in some areas. There are some really great commercial buildings that have been vacant for the entire 13 years I have been here. Despite being in Washington state only 60 miles north of Seattle, it kinda feels like stepping back in time. I am actively working to help develop the county to the level of awesomeness it deserves. Amazon recently announced they are building a shipping facility (not the crazy ones with a million employees) at our little airport. I know big things are coming and I am going to be a part of it. I am currently working with VOA (Volunteers of America) and the American Legion in Burlington, Washington, to develop a mixed residential on top, services on bottom type of project. This is all nonprofit stuff, which is my heart and soul, but I love watching wealth grow (both mine and others). I am ready to work with more people that are ambitious and optimistic about what we can accomplish. I am excited about the future, but can't get my foot in the door with developers who want to talk. Anyone interested in having a conversation about the future Skagit County?

Side Note: Agriculture and Agricultural Tourism is a HUGE thing for Skagit County. The first thing that pops up when you Google us is the tulips...and yes, they are THAT beautiful and worth the trip! The tulip festival generally gets over $1 million worth of tourism grants (from just the city of Burlington) every year! It's a BIG deal! 

Loading replies...