Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Lance Orosco
Votes |
Constructing an emergency fire lane for family home

Lance Orosco
Posted Nov 27 2021, 18:17

Hey everyone. We just purchased some land out in Murrieta , ca, yayy! Ran into some issues right after purchasing the property from the city saying construction can't proceed in that area until there's an secondary emergency access lane installed. It seems nobody either wants to do it or haven't done it yet. The proposed spot is actually on another street but naturally our property is affected. The city mentioned if two streets were bridged with an emergency access only lane that could solve the problem. I did some investigating and found out the city owns half of the easement and owners who just purchased property right next to it, their boundary goes to the other half. 

it's about 50 feet of dirt with minor grading, as well as two breakouts for entrance, it doesn't look like there's gutters involved , either gravel or pavent for the road with a swing out gate to keep traffic out. 

i know it's tough to ballpark , I may have to front the cost, curious what type of contractor to reach out to for this work or what kind of cost could be involved . Any info is much appreciated