• Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
where can I get new kitchen cabinets

Muhammad Gumanneh
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted May 30 2022, 10:24

where can I get new kitchen cabinets for a reasonable price , preferably a local seller in the Atlanta area.

User Stats

Votes
Michael Plante
  • Deland, FL
Votes |
  • Deland, FL
Replied May 30 2022, 11:11
Quote from @Muhammad Gumanneh:

where can I get new kitchen cabinets for a reasonable price , preferably a local seller in the Atlanta area.

Lowes and hime depot 

User Stats

Votes
Rick Baggenstoss
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Decatur, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Decatur, GA
Replied May 31 2022, 06:58

What's your ARV? Selling or renting?

I used to buy Lowes/Home Depot and have a handyman install.  Overtime, I realized how important it was to make a great kitchen even in my rentals.  The relationship with a cabinet installer/designer became critical -- they're part of your design process, then need to install quickly in well during crunch time.

If this is a one off project, then get the Lowes/Home Depot cabinets.  I'd also suggest Home Center Outlet as a great place for better quality cabinets.  If this is one of many projects you're going to do, find an investor-friendly designer installer in your neck of the woods.  Get some budgetary quotes so you plan for a better kitchen.

Good luck! 

GaREIA Logo
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jaron Walling
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Indianapolis, IN
Replied May 31 2022, 07:08

If the property is a rental remodel I'd consider IKEA. These are not the best quality but they look great and it's easy to install.  

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied May 31 2022, 07:14

I always used Lowes for the lower-end projects. Home Depot is ok too. 

IKEA only has the RTA (ready-to-assemble) cabinets, which made it a No-No for me....more flimsy and I have to pay my crew to put them together which makes them actually more expensive.

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 31 2022, 09:07

Home Depot and Lowes will work, however keep in mind that the lowest end ones basically have a thin laminate over them. I know this because my primary residence has them, and 7 years after install they are all starting to peel! If you go that route, spend the extra $20-40/unit for actual wood.