Votes |
Looking for Contractors in Tampa. New construction and renovation

Shane Edwards
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • St. Petersburg, FL
Posted Jun 16 2022, 04:08

Hello BP,

I recently purchased a flip home in Tampa. The home is a 1920's bungalow 830 sq/ft 3/1. I bought the home knowing that needed a full renovation, I had a contractor come in and fully demo the interior( walls, ceiling, subfloor, etc.) After full demo, we found severe rotting and termite damage on the main supports and all the subfloor cross beams. About the only thing decent on this house is the roof, decking and shingles replaced in 2009, still dating the shingles pretty old. I'd like to weigh my options here between renovating into a 2/2 or just knocking it down and getting a quote on a new build 3/2 w/garage +/-1500 sq/ft and hold for long term rental.

So in short, I need quotes to finish this renovation or quotes on new build. Can anyone recommend a contractor that will work with an investor on this? It would be great if I could find a new construction contractor that works in the area and already has a common model build to lower costs.

Thanks in advance for your time!

Shane

User Stats

Votes
Kristina Kuba
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Jun 16 2022, 19:36

@Shane Edwards

The best way to get this done is drive around the neighborhood and look for similar new construction homes that fit your checklist. Look up the builder on Tampa Accela website. Chances are if it was just 1 or 2 new construction homes on the block it was a smaller investor that developed it. Now you have the name of the architect, the general contractor and an idea of the finished product.

And in my experience in rehabbing houses in Tampa, the wooden frame bungalows are like peeling an onion, the deeper you go the more rot you will find.