• Lynden, Ontario
Votes |
Pricing out a legal basment suite

Ralph Noack
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lynden, Ontario
Posted Sep 20 2022, 14:48

Does someone have a spreadsheet that they would be willing to share to help me price out a project? Or know where I can get one on the internet?

Project starts with a gutted basement, then gets the full treatment: framed walls, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, Insulation, drywall & taper, flooring, interior doors, baseboards & window/door casings, kitchen install, bathroom, tiles., appliances, etc.

Also, if it had allowances for employees, Overhead, mark up, management fees etc, etc.

Thanks

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Sep 20 2022, 15:15

Look at the top bar under 'TOOLS'

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 26 2022, 13:13

We own a construction company in Toronto. Feel free to send me a message with any questions

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Adrian Ransome
  • Investor
  • Toronto
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Toronto
Replied Dec 22 2022, 09:08

Ralph,

Finding prepared spreadsheets is challenging. With a basement renovation project, the real costs start to accumulate with the finishes you use. Your architect and more so the drawings will help you establish the amount of times required for what you are doing. Some simple google searches will provide some calculators to establish pricing on bigger ticket items like framing. Using some guidelines like 1/3 v 2/3 Supplies to labour help to project labour costs. Items like windows are often based on square feet, doors are doors sizes and rated versus unrated. Your electrical contractor can give you rough estimates of running new wiring with ceilings exposed, especially if you have the blueprints he can see for take offs. Larger ticket items such as furnaces, HWT and AC can also be calculated relatively quickly and easily, again using labour/supplies ratio. Plumbing can be a quick call to your plumber and review of drawings to price that out. I think the biggest influence on costs is the fixtures and finishes. Those you can source out  by itemizing your basement plan room by room. Not sure if this helps, but let me know if you find an online source for your budgeting.