Votes
Jacob Beg
  • Woodbridge, VA
Votes |
What to do with this brick fiasco? Pic attached

Jacob Beg
  • Woodbridge, VA
Posted Dec 7 2022, 14:59

All- Needing some input here. I am rehabbing an out of state all brick property. This property has a lot of crib appeal and IMO, the brick is quite attractive. 

The contractor was to brick the two side doors and I was at pains to mention that I do not want to paint the exterior, meaning he needs to ensure that he comes as close as possible to the current brick Color or find a way to blend. 

Instead, I’ve ended up with the attached pic. Other than painting the whole house meaning additional expense and hiding the attractive brick, is there anything I can do to rectify this? 

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Dec 7 2022, 17:11

@Jacob Beg

I would have him rip it out and redo it. Next time do a mock-up for approval with the proper brick and mortar color.

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#3 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Dec 7 2022, 17:32

Your only solution is to paint. Matching bricks is difficult.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Kenneth Woodruff
  • Investor
  • Lancaster, PA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Lancaster, PA
Replied Dec 7 2022, 18:02

The multi colored bricks on your house are getting very hard to find, I have two houses with them and its almost impossible to find them with the correct texture.  @Bruce Woodruff is correct, painting is probably your best bet, maybe look at a section paint or mural type of effect, to save doing entire house.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 26 2022, 20:13

Paint isn’t going to hide the terrible quality of work that was done on this job.  It will make it look better than what you have now but…. still lipstick on a pig. Sorry you got ripped off by an unscrupulous person that didn’t know what they were doing.