User Stats

Votes
Brooklyn Brown
Votes |
Looking for guidance on my first new build

Brooklyn Brown
Posted Jan 8 2024, 06:45

Hello Everyone, 

My name is Brooklyn, I currently wholesale land and houses. I have a bunch of land all over Texas for sale currently and I have decided that instead of wholesaling the land, I want to build a single family home. I already have land ready to go and need help on finding the right financing, subs and the whole process of building from start to finish! Looking to work with someone who is building in the Dallas and Granbury area. All help is appreciated

Thank you 

User Stats

Votes
Michael Vinson
Pro Member
  • Granbury, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Granbury, TX
Replied Jan 8 2024, 09:43

I personally would use Shane Flipping- Flipping Custom Homes.  He has been building here for a couple of decades.  Investor too.

User Stats

Votes
Brooklyn Brown
Votes |
Replied Jan 8 2024, 09:47
Quote from @Michael Vinson:

I personally would use Shane Flipping- Flipping Custom Homes.  He has been building here for a couple of decades.  Investor too.

Hello thanks for the reply, can you connect me with him? 
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Holtzinger
  • Homeowner
  • Granbury, TX
Votes |
  • Homeowner
  • Granbury, TX
Replied Jan 8 2024, 10:47

Google Flippin Custom homes. It wont let me post a link.

User Stats

Votes
Brooklyn Brown
Votes |
Replied Jan 8 2024, 11:25
Quote from @Brandon Holtzinger:

Google Flippin Custom homes. It wont let me post a link.

I talked to him and he said he does not teach how to build.

User Stats

Votes
Mo Karim
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dallas, TX
Replied Jan 8 2024, 12:45

@Brooklyn Brown - You'll likely have to hire a GC and learn that way

User Stats

Votes
Michael Vinson
Pro Member
  • Granbury, TX
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Granbury, TX
Replied Jan 9 2024, 04:39

I'm sorry, I missed understood what you are asking.  I think it will be very challenging to find a builder who will teach you to build.  What is the value add to the builder for his time, management, experience, subs, etc.?  What if you partnered with a builder?  That could give the builder upside and you the experience.

User Stats

Votes
Jamie Hora
  • Developer
  • San Antonio
Votes |
  • Developer
  • San Antonio
Replied Jan 9 2024, 06:02

Best of luck.  I did the civil engineering on a senior living facility that just opened up last year on Lake Granbury.  The City was friendly and easy to work with during the permitting process. 

Your size of project is a bit different, but it should still be a favorable place for your project!

User Stats

Votes
Stuart Chinworth
  • Realtor
  • Granbury, TX
Votes |
  • Realtor
  • Granbury, TX
Replied Jan 9 2024, 12:37

Most of the established builders usually have no shortage of land to build on, which they have most likely purchased below market value. If you are able to find a builder to partner with, you'll need to find someone who builds the type of home that aligns with the neighborhood. 

Before making any recommendations on builders, we would need to know where the land is located (in city limits, in the ETJ, the county?) and what types of homes are in the immediate area. Point is, you may be looking for a starter home builder and getting recommendations for luxury level home builders. 

User Stats

Votes
Robert Ellis
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jan 10 2024, 15:54
Quote from @Brooklyn Brown:

Hello Everyone, 

My name is Brooklyn, I currently wholesale land and houses. I have a bunch of land all over Texas for sale currently and I have decided that instead of wholesaling the land, I want to build a single family home. I already have land ready to go and need help on finding the right financing, subs and the whole process of building from start to finish! Looking to work with someone who is building in the Dallas and Granbury area. All help is appreciated

Thank you 

check permit pulls on your city and how much the build cost is per square foot. email your plans out to the builders, to site walk. We interview at least 5 builders per project and they have to have at least 5 new builds within 36 months.