Skip to content
Land & New Construction
Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Mombasa, Kenya
Votes |
Should i stay in my newly built house that i plan to sell?

Account Closed
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Mombasa, Kenya
Posted Nov 23 2015, 23:55

Hello guys, 

I am building a 3 villas/houses in 2 phases in Shanzu, Mombasa, Kenya. Phase 1 will be the first house and phase 2 will be the other 2 houses. I will not be able to build phase 2 until i sell the 1st house, which will finance the rest of the development. The plan is to sell all of the houses, buy more land, develop, sell... I am a big fan of lifestyle design and i have been playing around with the idea of staying in the first house for a while, maybe 6 months to 1 year while i rent out the extra rooms through airbnb. This will allow me to meet some cool people and have a few parties with my friends before selling the house (lifestyle design). The land is in a good location, near the beach and Mombasa is a tourist city. If the rare occasion where the house is messed up occurs, i will renovate the house. So, should i sell it immediately it's built or should i move in? What if it takes long to get a buyer? Then the house will just sit there empty. Also, will staying in the house depreciate the value of the house because it is a "second hand" house? Any thoughts and suggestions will be appreciated. I have attached an image of the kind of house i am building. (picture it without the swimming pool)

Btw, I am 22 so i have no major responsibilities at the moment.

Loading replies...