5 Plex cost per square/ft in Burien?? R18 zoning

1 Reply

Hello, I am at a road that goes 2 ways. I have a property I purchased short sale for a good price. The property is near Burien, R18 zoning.  Just shy of  1/3 acre.

I can do a 5 Plex, single dwelling multi family w/o short platting.

I am Interested in construction costs for per square foot. I have heard 75$ to 250. 

I am not committed to anything at the moment. But I could turn the property into a duplex fairly soon. But do not want to continue the duplex renovation if it may be torn down or sold. 

I have mentors, but I am also not helpless. I'm the house on the property. 

Happy Halloween 🎃

I have no idea.  My only thought is that a 4-plex is still considered a residential loan (as I understand it), while a 5-plex becomes a commercial loan (as I understand it).  That might make a difference in what you want to do.  Also, it might make a difference in how easy it is to sell.  You might find it easier to sell a 10 unit property than a 5 unit one just because a newbie (perhaps more interested in 5 units) might have a harder time getting a commercial loan, but a serious investor (perhaps more likely to be interested in 10 units) might have no problem getting a loan on a 10 until property. 

These are just my thoughts.  Good luck!

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here