Skip to content
Land & New Construction

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Bowen
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Stoughton, MA
Votes |
I'm thinking about creating a CDC... Sounds crazy, right?

Jonathan Bowen
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Stoughton, MA
Posted Mar 19 2018, 13:51

I don't even know wherein to post this on BiggerPockets but this forum seems like the most pertinent. I'm worried about the downtown area wherein I live, I'm involved civically but it's not enough, because the "powers that be" can't seem to get their acts together. The downtown area is a complete disaster. I don't want to run for local office. I would like to crowdfund, with no promises of any financial returns, to be clear. I would however like to give something back in return, like an annual party or something of the sort, for individuals and businesses who donate. Maybe some advertising... I feel like I have the right background for this. Is a Community Development Corporation (CDC) the right way to go? What about a REIT? What about another type of business entity? I've already reached out to the Massachusetts Association of Community Development Corporations and am waiting for a reply. My goal, to be clear, isn't to make money with this venture but to help the community wherein I live. Is there anybody here on BiggerPockets with a background in this type of work? Let me know. Thanks.

Hub Edge Realty Logo

Loading replies...