• Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
Votes |
CREATIVE HOUSING SOLUTIONS

Karen Margrave
  • Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer
  • Redding, CA & Bend OR
ModeratorPosted Apr 9 2018, 09:41

I've posted many times about my house in Redding, CA. It's a 4600 sq. ft. house with 2500 Garage/shop building that has full kitchen, bathroom. I am converting it to ADU unit for additional legal rental income. In addition, it's on 20 acres, and can have 1 more house built on it. The property is close to a new ministry school with 3000 students (no dorms) that is doing a 96 MILLION dollar expansion. Aside from that Redding is a BEAUTIFUL area with lakes, rivers, mountains, falls all within 10-30 minutes of my house. The County is doing a new zoning in the next few months (brought about by my property) that will allow boarding houses.

I've considered so many different uses over the years for the property. Bed and Breakfast, Student rentals (which I've done) Sober Living (which is currently in there) Agritourism with farm, roadside stand, etc., Vacation Rental property, and most recently Senior Living home for active seniors that want to live in nice setting, but don't want upkeep or expense of their own home. 

Here's one of the ideas I came across that would work for a variety of uses (students, seniors, vacation, shared living) Apparently they are considered one home because there's only one kitchen (I guess that's the determining factor? )

What do you think? Do any of you have any ideas, or know of any that are out of the box?

NEW CONCEPT HOUSE

Loading replies...