• Austin, TX
Votes |
Buying Land in Colorado

Taylor Philley
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Austin, TX
Posted Jul 10 2019, 15:46

Hello! My sister is wanting to purchase land in Colorado and is needing some advice on best location for this (I’m an investor in TX so am trying to help her navigate this purchase). We have found some large acreage listings available in cities like Gunnison and Ouray and are wondering why they have sat on market so long because here in Texas, $350k for 100 acres is outrageously low. We have even seen 40 acres listed for $100k and then a 2,000 SF home nearby listed for $700k on one acre or less. She’s wondering what the catch is; why aren’t more people just buying the land and building? Also- where would you locals with CO knowledge recommend buying land? She wants to eventually build a home on the land and use it as a summer house, so she’s not overly concerned on immediate returns, but I would love for her to buy in a place that would appreciate for her over the next 5 years (instead of 25 years!) and is up-and coming. Any Colorado expert’s opinions would be very valuable! Also any recommendations for local realtors and lenders would be great. Thank you!!

Loading replies...