• Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Votes |
BRRR contacts in Florida, Wisconsin and Arizona

Eric Lubbers
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Milwaukee, WI
Posted Aug 10 2019, 09:20

I'm in the market for BRRR contacts in Wisconsin , Florida and Arizona. Have capital to deploy - but am in need of solid contracting references in each state. If anyone has outstanding contractors in Jacksonville or Lakeland, Madison / Milwaukee or Tempe - could you send them my way? Any help is appreciate from this community - thanks in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Marcus Auerbach#1 Real Estate News & Current Events Contributor
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Votes |
Marcus Auerbach#1 Real Estate News & Current Events Contributor
  • Investor and Real Estate Agent
  • Milwaukee - Mequon, WI
Replied Aug 11 2019, 07:10

@Eric Lubbers you are asking for a lot. The BP community is very willing to help you out, but you have to keep your requests reasonable. It takes a lot of time and effort to put together a team of quality contractors. And a lot of issues, drama and headaches. Don't even ask me how much money I have lost in the last ten years on bad contractors, lost time, re-works, ghosts and scammers - probably 6 figures... Also, any good contractor is so busy right now just taking care of his best repeat clients, that even if someone would send you a list you will make a lot of phone calls and leave a lot of voice messages without getting a call back. Building a team takes a lot of time and sincere effort; that's what many of the gurus don't tell in their seminars. "Get 3-5 quotes for everything" is much easier said than done! 

User Stats

Votes
Jay Hinrichs#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Lake Oswego OR Summerlin, NV
Replied Aug 11 2019, 07:22
Originally posted by @Marcus Auerbach:

@Eric Lubbers you are asking for a lot. The BP community is very willing to help you out, but you have to keep your requests reasonable. It takes a lot of time and effort to put together a team of quality contractors. And a lot of issues, drama and headaches. Don't even ask me how much money I have lost in the last ten years on bad contractors, lost time, re-works, ghosts and scammers - probably 6 figures... Also, any good contractor is so busy right now just taking care of his best repeat clients, that even if someone would send you a list you will make a lot of phone calls and leave a lot of voice messages without getting a call back. Building a team takes a lot of time and sincere effort; that's what many of the gurus don't tell in their seminars. "Get 3-5 quotes for everything" is much easier said than done! 

YUP Marcus remote rehab in 3 markets at the same time sounds like a dumpster fire waiting to happen.. especially if your looking for contractors that do smaller reno rehab type work.. those guys are shoe string and very un realiable.. this whole BRRRR thing that is done on BP while it works for locals and those in the industry is so dangerous for out of state folks.. it can work but you can also lose your butt

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Michael Ratzken
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Aug 14 2019, 07:09

Hey Eric 

I have you covered in Tempe! I’ll send you a message