User Stats

Votes
Mary Danivell
Votes |
who supervises real estate developer in Virginia

Mary Danivell
Posted Jul 26 2021, 09:49

Hi, 

I am an investor who is seeking to file a complaint against our property developer. 

We purchased a large condo building currently under construction. The purchase agreement was signed in December 2019 with the expectation to deliver in June 2020. Since the signing of the purchase agreement, the developer has limited communication to all buyers regarding the overall progress. They did not provide any sufficient info to the sales office to answer buyers' questions. They refused to give an estimation of delivery timeframe, which caused inconveniences to many buyers to those who had to seek interim housing to be prolonged monthly. In early July 2021, the developer sent out tentative delivery date for beginning Aug 2021, which triggered many buyers to lock interest rates. However, the actual delivery date may be postponed. Given that many rates are locked for a period of 30-45 days, buyers, real estate agents, lending agents and settlement companies started to call the sales office with questions. Last weekend, the developer sent out a condescending email encouraging buyers to "stay civilized" and "do not ask too many questions to the sales office, since they don't have the info". However, when we approached them for questions, buyers are told that the sales office are in charged of answering these questions. 

Further, while our developer has largely blamed the COVID and slow county approval as valid reason for delay, we are seeing other properties of similar size in the same neighborhood being developed and delivered in a faster pace, which make their excuses unjustifiable. Given their minimal information sharing, awful project planning that caused the delays and bad attitude towards clients, I'd like to file a complaint against them. 

Can anyone tell me where to file a complaint against real estate developers in Virginia? 

Thanks in advance,

Mary

Loading replies...