• Killeen, TX
Votes |
Fort Hood Area Investor Meetup

Jeremy Fay
  • Realtor
  • Killeen, TX
Posted Aug 23 2020, 07:07

Greetings Bigger Pockets community!

After waiting and waiting for someone to spearhead a local investor meetup in the Fort Hood/Killeen area, I've finally decided to grab the bull by the horns and organize one myself. I should concede that there are, at least in name, a couple of investor meetup groups in the area. They're largely comprised of the Renatus people who are more interested in selling you their overpriced investor education program. This is not that!

Many times in order to best describe what something is, it's best to describe what it isn't. This isn't a gimmick, a fraud, or a scam. I will never ask for your money for some sort of education program. I will however, freely and happily share everything I've learned about real estate investing thus far. I will honestly share my mistakes, failures, and my successes in the hopes that you can find you own path of success and learn from the mistakes I've made along the way. I hope to create a meetup that embraces the values of honest investing. I'd like this to be a place where information and knowledge is freely exchanged in the interest of promoting proven investing principles. Whether you own dozens of units or simply have an interest in investing in the Fort Hood area, I hope you can attend.

I'm not sure what format this will take as the idea is still forming in my head. With that being said, this is not MY investor meetup group. It's yours. I'm not in charge. I'm not the boss. I'm just a guy stepping up and trying to fill a need that it seems a lot of people have. Perhaps we'll start with very informal meet and greet discussions over lunch or dinner and then scale it up in both formality and education as the meetup grows. I'd like to see a situation where we meet for a meal or drinks and receive an instructional class given by a member of the group on their given specialty. Everyone who plans to attend a group of this sort has something to give and I'd like to hear from you as we all work to become better investors. 

Please post if you would be interested in attending. Stay tuned to the thread for updates as this develops. 

Loading replies...