Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Kelsey Gabhart
  • New to Real Estate
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
Is wholesaling the best way to get into real estate?

Kelsey Gabhart
  • New to Real Estate
  • Columbus, OH
Posted Jan 19 2021, 10:51

Hey everyone, 

My boyfriend and I live in Columbus, OH. We just graduated high school this past summer and we've been working really hard to get into real estate investing but since we don't have hardly any capital, we've been working hard at wholesaling real estate these past 3 months to start it up, and by hard, I mean working about 10 hours a day. We've put in a lot of money into marketing and we have been doing it ethically, since most wholesalers don't and we will not be like them. We decided we would never put a house under contract unless we have a buyer lined up and ready to purchase. However, there are now SO many wholesalers out there and so many of those wholesalers do it unethically and it is making it so much harder for us to build any kind of trust with the sellers, so we have not been able to close any deals.

Wholesaling is not what we want to do long term, it is something we want to do to get capital to start investing so we can be financially free. We are living with our parents right now because I am not able to move out yet. However, they are super discouraging and they keep telling us to get regular jobs and they are constantly putting us down. We want to invest so bad but we don't have the funds to do it... and having a regular job just isn't an option because there's no place to truly scale in that kind of setting. We looked into being real estate agents at some point but we are set on owning our own business, and being a realtor would not work out for us for personal reasons. 

What can we do to get the funds to start investing? We are willing to put in as much work needed, we just feel like wholesaling isn't what it used to be because so many people think it's "easy" cash and so they rip off people and it ruins it for all the good wholesalers. What do we do? We would be happy to partner up with people, but we don't know how to go about it. I would be grateful for any and all suggestions or help! Message me please!

Thank you!

Loading replies...