• Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Votes |
Consistently Updating Procedures

Jason Malabute
  • Investor
  • Los Angeles, CA
Posted Nov 26 2021, 15:12

A business must have an organized set of procedures for day to day operations. No matter the business type, the importance of procedures is undeniable. For example, McDonald's has the same procedures of making a cheeseburger all around the world. That’s what defines them!

I have also applied just the same in my real estate business too. We have formulated procedures for everything! i.e.

• Cold calling
  • Sending emails
  • Answering incoming calls
  • Sending texts
  • Skip tracing
  • Various day to day operations

Now, once the procedures are formulated and being followed with consistency, we need to work on step 2 – Consistently updating the procedures!

One reason our calling script has a response for almost any objection you could think of is that we have revised our script about 20 times in just 10 months. This being said, we are improving our procedures multiple times every month!

I firmly believe that a business must be consistently growing and improving. This is why I am always looking for ways to enhance our systems and make them more efficient and concise. An example of this is when we were having a tough time digging out the true motivation and pain points of a prospective seller. Realizing the need to update, I added more of such questions to our script to help the prospects open up about their motivation and pain points. The results are incredible and now we are enjoying much smoother communications with the prospects!

In a nutshell, it is mandatory as a business owner to always look for ways to improve the systems and procedures in your business.