General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Tina Chau
Votes |
Mark Kohler Attorney

Tina Chau
Posted Mar 17 2022, 13:47

Hi Did anyone work with Mark Kohler's firm? If so, how was your experience? Are they very expensive? I'm looking for advice with his firm on trusts and LLC's formation and asset protection. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Marina Wong
  • Investor
  • greater Boston and greater Tampa areas
Votes |
  • Investor
  • greater Boston and greater Tampa areas
Replied Jun 22 2022, 18:41

Hi Tina,

While I have not used Mark, I can tell you, based on what I found online and comparing only to Anderson Business Advisors, they are not expensive. Anderson charges a lot more for creating an LLC, for example. Anderson is very knowledgeable. I plan on contacting Mark's office just to see what they advise. Creating LLC is one thing, the over all strategy is more important. If you don't have the over all strategy, just having LLCs are no good.

User Stats

Votes
Greg O'Brien
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
  • Accountant
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jul 24 2022, 13:19
Quote from @Marina Wong:

Hi Tina,

While I have not used Mark, I can tell you, based on what I found online and comparing only to Anderson Business Advisors, they are not expensive. Anderson charges a lot more for creating an LLC, for example. Anderson is very knowledgeable. I plan on contacting Mark's office just to see what they advise. Creating LLC is one thing, the over all strategy is more important. If you don't have the over all strategy, just having LLCs are no good.

@Marina Wong well said! Creating an LLC on its own, really does very little. The overall 1) Entity and Asset Protection Strategy and 2) Tax Strategy is far more important! Whoever you go with, should have an in-depth understanding and advisory component to help you achieve the highest return on your investment as possible.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Jul 24 2022, 13:22

@Tina Chau

I used them for setting up my corporate structure and out living trust and highly recommend.