Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Sam H.
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Any Experienced McKinley Park Owners Out There?

Sam H.
  • Chicago, IL
Posted May 17 2022, 15:20

Hello, I am an investor here in Chicago and saw a property in McKinley Park that looks great, but I'm not certain about the rental dynamics and upside to achieve a nice cap gain. The broker's been comparing it to Pilsen and Bridgeport, but I'm not sure that is accurate. The property exterior is well maintained with high end finishes and nice features inside.  I'm wondering how the rental market is there - easy to rent units, do they sit a while, will I have trouble with a top of the sub-market price point?  

I'll of course be reviewing comps and doing additional research to help fill in the blanks myself. However, is there anyone out there with experience in this neighborhood who could give some advice? Curious about your experience here and your thoughts about the future of the neighborhood. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied May 18 2022, 10:51

Hey @Sam H. - I know for sure @Brandon Gates has an investment in McKinley Park here in Chicago.  I definitely like the area and believe it's on the up and up.

It's a super rental-friendly area especially if you have a nice unit and higher-end finishes.  Happy to connect and chat more if you have some specific questions to run through.