General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Dev Patel
Votes |
How to be a pro real estate investor

Dev Patel
Posted May 22 2022, 14:50

Hello, my name is Dev and I am planning on being a real estate investor when I grow up and I am 14 right now. I already know the basics of real estate investing but I would love to be ahead of the game and learn a lot about real estate. So I was wondering if you had any tips or advice for me to do right now so I can start learning more about real estate.

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied May 22 2022, 15:11

Hi Dev,

Read Rich Dad Poor Dad.

Make as much money as you can before you are 18 and spend zero of that money.

Kid Jobs: Cut grass, babysit with younger kids--not babies, shovel snow, sell things online, offer to help at businesses of people you know for cash, such as cleaning out a storeroom, or sweeping the parking lot, or washing windows. (Wash neighbors cars and put a coat of wax on--and do a GREAT Job at it until they gleam like new). All can be cash jobs.

You can not invest air--you need cash Money to invest.

Every dollar counts--get as much as you can, because when you start, the more money you have the easier it will be.

Car detailing site: https://meguiarsonline.com/forum/general-auto-detailing-discussion/detailing-101

Good Luck!

User Stats

Votes
Jessica James
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sacramento, CA
Replied May 25 2022, 11:58

@Dev Patel First of all, you are amazing! I wish I would have known to start asking questions when I was 14, I would have been way ahead of the game by now. The Millionaire Next Store is also a really awesome book to read. Can I ask you a question? Who or what influenced you to start thinking about real estate? Knowing a little more background might help us all give you more advice that pertains to you

Rental Home Council logo
Rental Home Council
|
Sponsored
Advocating for Single-Family Rental Housing Drive rental policy change. Protect your investments with a National Rental Home Council membership.

User Stats

Votes
Meadow Orrell
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied May 25 2022, 12:32

Hi Dev! I wish I would have started thinking about real estate earlier - so you are already ahead of the game in that sense. I would say read as many books as you can to educate yourself.. you can never have too much knowledge. Rich Dad Poor Dad and Eat That Frog are a few good reads!

Good luck to you!!

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 4 2022, 22:55

agreed!

User Stats

Votes
Dev Patel
Votes |
Replied Jun 4 2022, 23:01
Quote from @Meadow Orrell:

Hi Dev! I wish I would have started thinking about real estate earlier - so you are already ahead of the game in that sense. I would say read as many books as you can to educate yourself.. you can never have too much knowledge. Rich Dad Poor Dad and Eat That Frog are a few good reads!

Good luck to you!!

Thanks for the suggestion  

User Stats

Votes
Dev Patel
Votes |
Replied Jun 4 2022, 23:03
Quote from @Jessica James:

@Dev Patel First of all, you are amazing! I wish I would have known to start asking questions when I was 14, I would have been way ahead of the game by now. The Millionaire Next Store is also a really awesome book to read. Can I ask you a question? Who or what influenced you to start thinking about real estate? Knowing a little more background might help us all give you more advice that pertains to you

I just thought the career was cool and then I researched about it and found out I like it so now I read books and watch videos.