• Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
Real Estate Agent Do's and Don'ts

Keegan Van Kooten
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Posted Jun 1 2022, 14:47

Investors in the PHX area!! I am a new agent in Arizona. My goal is to learn as much as I can so I can give my clients the best experience I can. 

What are some great or not so great experiences you have had with a real estate agent? 

What do you look for when you are working with an agent?

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Jun 1 2022, 15:15

The most frustrating experience I have with agents is when it is obvious that they are working with THEIR best interests in mind as opposed to with MY best interests in mind.

Investors and realtors relationships should be mutually beneficial, but it comes across as one-sided when agents send me crap deals even though I have been very clear with them what my criteria is for deals. Or when they send me overpriced listings and then scoff at my suggestion to submit a lowball offer.

So as a new agent my advice to you is to truly listen to your clients needs, and then do your absolute best to deliver. Thats whether you're working with a buyer, a seller, an investor, whatever.

User Stats

Votes
Dwayne Poster
  • Investor
  • Van Isle
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Van Isle
Replied Jun 1 2022, 15:49

I look for an agent that is a good lister. I follow them closely. You should make listing a priority.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Keegan Van Kooten
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Jun 2 2022, 14:56
Quote from @Scott E.:

The most frustrating experience I have with agents is when it is obvious that they are working with THEIR best interests in mind as opposed to with MY best interests in mind.

Investors and realtors relationships should be mutually beneficial, but it comes across as one-sided when agents send me crap deals even though I have been very clear with them what my criteria is for deals. Or when they send me overpriced listings and then scoff at my suggestion to submit a lowball offer.

So as a new agent my advice to you is to truly listen to your clients needs, and then do your absolute best to deliver. Thats whether you're working with a buyer, a seller, an investor, whatever.

Great advice! Agents are providing a service and that should be reflected in how they treat their clients!

User Stats

Votes
Elizabeth Shelby
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Kissimmee, FL
Replied Jun 8 2022, 05:23
Quote from @Keegan Van Kooten:

Investors in the PHX area!! I am a new agent in Arizona. My goal is to learn as much as I can so I can give my clients the best experience I can. 

What are some great or not so great experiences you have had with a real estate agent? 

What do you look for when you are working with an agent?

Work on building relationships, not commissions.
You have 2 ears and 1 mouth so listen twice as much as you talk.
Find a good brokerage who provides access to lots of free training, and where your colleagues treat as you colleagues not rivals.
Take a look at zerotodiamond.com, Ricky Carruth offers lots of free advice to agents old and new.
Good luck on your new journey.

User Stats

Votes
Holly Barrett
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dawsonville, GA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Dawsonville, GA
Replied Jun 8 2022, 06:36

Hey Keegan, I'm an investor and realtor. I became a realtor after experiencing frustration w/finding truly investor savvy agents. We are a rare breed, despite many marketing themselves as such, it ain't always so! 

If I can be of any help to you in getting started working w/investors, I'm happy to help! I've got a simple investor buyer questionnaire I am happy to send you that you could make your own. 

To the question, the best realtor I've worked w/as a client encouraged us, rooted us on, keep it simple, keep it moving...many of us will get caught up in minutia, negative headspace...a big part of our job is to pull them back from whatever ledge they are standing on. Fear, doubt, etc. Give them the info they need, send them the resources to do their own homework as it comes, and keep pulling them back to the original goal "Does this property fit your parameters and achieve desired results based upon projections?" Yes/No? Let's Go!

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 8 2022, 06:44

Honesty and transparency. Some agents focus so much on the one sale they leave a bad taste in their clients mouth. The good ones look past it and see the value In doing it 10 more deal with the client