Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Colton T.
  • Wylie, TX
Votes |
Rather pay too much for a Residential or Commercial property?

Colton T.
  • Wylie, TX
Posted Jun 4 2022, 19:55

I know. You're like, why pay too much for either...?

If you had to buy some properties in a short time frame and not every one of them was going to be a great deal (let's say you were convinced RE was the best inflation hedge and wanted to park "x" amount of cash), would you rather spend too much on Residential/MF or Commercial NNN properties?

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Goodman
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jun 8 2022, 02:17

Commercial. Did residential for 20 years and done with toilets, tenants and trash... but hard to answer your question without more context of your overall portfolio, investment objectives etc...strictly for beating inflation residential is probably the better bet as rents will adjust more quickly.

User Stats

Votes
Scott E.
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Scottsdale, AZ
Replied Jun 8 2022, 07:16

If I was just looking to park capital with little concern for maximizing the ROI, I would be looking at commercial NNN properties in A++ locations.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
John McKee
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fairfax, VA
Replied Jun 18 2022, 19:03

Wealthy investors who don't care about inflation will park their money in commercial.  However if you are chasing wealth/beating inflation then residential.  Residential has the best upside due the historically low inventory which will not be resolved anytime soon.