• Alabama
Votes |
How do you find a good Mastermind?

Will Stewart
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Posted Jun 14 2022, 07:57

I am in the Real Estate Rookie Boot Camp and we have discussed finding Masterminds. What is the best process to make sure you are not getting scammed and just getting in a Mastermind that continually asks for more money to get to the "next level?"

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 14 2022, 08:08

What do you need a mastermind for; can you make a list of your needs?

User Stats

Votes
Scott Mac
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jun 14 2022, 08:31

What I'm getting at, is why not just do your own.

Doll up your backyard for entertaining, lay in a few bottles of Patron and Grey Goose, and some mixers.

Then invite people you have met that you can help and they can help you.

Shake a hand, make a friend, and spend a buck or two on entertaining.

Just my 2 cents.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Will Stewart
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Replied Jun 14 2022, 14:36

Scott, Thank you for your reply. I had never even thought of that. But I would need to have someone that has more experience in REI than I do currently. I just purchased my first property in April of this year.

Also, my back yard is abysmal. If it looked like the picture you attached I would have no problem hosting. Sadly, it does not.

I think I am looking more for a mentor of sorts. Maybe a Mastermind is not what I should even be considering at this point. 

User Stats

Votes
Lien Vuong
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Boston, MA
Replied Jun 14 2022, 14:41

Check your local FB group or IG if there’s something people belong to and start networking from there. There’s likely a mastermind or two in that space that you’re not aware of. There’s likely a fee but should not be anymore than a few hundred dollars monthly. 

The Elle Group Logo

User Stats

Votes
Richard Loniewski
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Jersey
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • New Jersey
Replied Jun 14 2022, 19:04

Check out Flip More Deals, I started with them 6 years ago, owner Doug Beck solid guy he helped me get my first deal.

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Rush
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, CT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, CT
Replied Jun 17 2022, 13:53

Hey Will, 

I am a member of the W2 Capitalist mastermind. Would be a great fit for someone in your current position. No it is not free, but relatively inexpensive. Would love to share more info if you are interested. Reach out!

Good Luck On Your Search!

Berkshire Hathaway - The Cozzi Team Logo

User Stats

Votes
Will Stewart
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Replied Jun 17 2022, 14:28
Quote from @Lien Vuong:

Check your local FB group or IG if there’s something people belong to and start networking from there. There’s likely a mastermind or two in that space that you’re not aware of. There’s likely a fee but should not be anymore than a few hundred dollars monthly. 

Believe it or not I do not have FB and I just recently got IG. I don't really know how to use it. Haha!

User Stats

Votes
Will Stewart
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Replied Jun 17 2022, 14:28
Quote from @Richard Loniewski:

Check out Flip More Deals, I started with them 6 years ago, owner Doug Beck solid guy he helped me get my first deal.

I will definitely have to check them out. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Will Stewart
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Votes |
Pro Member
  • New to Real Estate
  • Alabama
Replied Jun 17 2022, 14:29
Quote from @Brandon Rush:

Hey Will, 

I am a member of the W2 Capitalist mastermind. Would be a great fit for someone in your current position. No it is not free, but relatively inexpensive. Would love to share more info if you are interested. Reach out!

Brandon, Is that the mastermind with Jay Helms? He and I are from the same area and used to do youth camps together! I am actually set to talk to him on Monday. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Brandon Rush
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, CT
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Portland, CT
Replied Jun 27 2022, 02:59
Quote from @Will Stewart:
Quote from @Brandon Rush:

Hey Will, 

Brandon, Is that the mastermind with Jay Helms? He and I are from the same area and used to do youth camps together! I am actually set to talk to him on Monday. Thanks!

Hey Will, yes that the one! Small world. I hope the conversation went well. Reach out if you have any questions. Thanks!

Berkshire Hathaway - The Cozzi Team Logo