• Atlanta, GA
Votes |
Investing Allegiance (Atlanta)

Scot Evans
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Posted Jun 30 2022, 18:09

Hello BP Family,

Is there a proper way to approach another investor and ask their hand in a partnership on a potential project? I love to come here and get advice from all of you. I have some capital set aside but I’d love to join forces with another investor to increase leverage and bring someone on who may have had a few experiences previously. I do not want to come off as unprofessional but I’d love to partner on my first project. Anyone who can possibly offer any advice would be greatly appreciated. Let’s connect! 

Thank you all in advance!

User Stats

Votes
Taylor L.
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Multifamily and Self Storage Investor
  • Richmond, VA
Replied Jun 30 2022, 18:19

Focus on finding out what they want and understand what you bring to the table. Accept that not everyone will be the right fit, and that's okay. You may need to talk with a number of people before finding the right fit.

Don't hold yourself back too long, though! You'll learn much more by doing it vs talking with folks on BP

User Stats

Votes
Alex Talcott
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Votes |
  • Attorney
  • Durham, NH
Replied Jun 30 2022, 19:55

Ask me.

I'm always exploring new partnerships.

And I'm active in Atlanta.

Ignite Funding  logo
Ignite Funding
|
Sponsored
Maximize Your Returns with Trust Deeds Earn 10%-12% annually on collateralized real estate investments. No fees to invest.

User Stats

Votes
Rick Baggenstoss
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Decatur, GA
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Developer
  • Decatur, GA
Replied Jul 1 2022, 08:59

Get to know them a bit.  Confirm their work (the reason why you'd want to partner with them).  Ask if they'd partnered with people in the past on deals and what they liked/didn't like about it.  If possible, speak with their former deal partners.  Propose a partnership on a deal and what that might look like.

It happens a lot in real estate on single transactions.  Longer term partnerships are more rare.

GaREIA Logo

User Stats

Votes
Scot Evans
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Atlanta, GA
Replied Jul 5 2022, 13:51

Hello @Rick Baggenstoss Thank you for your guidance as always. Will you be attending the Atlanta REI this month (July 26)?