• Investor
  • Frederick, MD
Votes |
Cleveland Heights - Cleveland OH

Benjamin Seibert
  • Investor
  • Frederick, MD
Posted Jul 18 2022, 17:36

Does anyone have a general range on what a 4 BR 2.5 BA would rent for in Cleveland Heights OH? Our PM told us that they would rent it for $1100 but from all the other properties for rent in the area this seems very low. Our property needs a small amount of work (which we're currently doing - normal unit turnover work and a driveway sealing). Any help/color is greatly appreciated!

User Stats

Votes
Bob Okenwa
  • Real Estate Agent/Investor
  • Peoria, AZ
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent/Investor
  • Peoria, AZ
Replied Jul 18 2022, 21:44

@Benjamin Seibert

What's the square footage? What street is it on? 

Rough estimate would be around $1-$1.50 per square foot off the top of my head. BP calculator or rentometer is a decent starting point and you can drill down on what's listed in the area online and begin to gauge what the price should be.

Sounds like the PM wants to get the unit filled as quickly as possible. 

User Stats

Votes
Shane Kelly
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jul 19 2022, 06:29

Cleveland Heights has very classes of property. It can be a B- all the way up to a B+ or A-. If you're in the lower of the classes (more by East Cleveland) then somewhere around $1200 to $1600 is the range you'll be in. If you're right by parts of University Circle/Little Italy or the really nice parts of Shaker Heights, you could get anywhere from $1600 to $2000. There are a lot of variables missing for me to give you an exact number, but hopefully these ranges help. $1100 is a very low guess from the PM.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Weiner
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, Oh
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, Oh
Replied Jul 19 2022, 07:05

That does seem low.  A 4 bedroom in CH should start $1,300 in most locations unless I’m missing something.  Take a look at what’s currently available for rent and see how it matches up.

User Stats

Votes
Erin Dorsey Robinson
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jul 19 2022, 08:32

Hi @Benjamin Seibert!

Where is your house? Give us a few more details so we can give you good info.

User Stats

Votes
Muhammad Amawi
  • Investor
  • Cleveland
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Cleveland
Replied Jul 20 2022, 10:44

Hey Benjamin,

I'll be able to give you rental comparisons if you're able to provide me with more details on the property. 

Let me know, I look forward to connecting

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Seibert
  • Investor
  • Frederick, MD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Frederick, MD
Replied Jul 26 2022, 17:16
Quote from @Erin Dorsey Robinson:

Hi @Benjamin Seibert!

Yes, no problem. The address is 1960 Revere Rd Cleveland Heights OH. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Seibert
  • Investor
  • Frederick, MD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Frederick, MD
Replied Jul 26 2022, 17:17
Quote from @Muhammad Amawi:

Hey Benjamin,

I'll be able to give you rental comparisons if you're able to provide me with more details on the property. 

Let me know, I look forward to connecting

Yes, no problem. The address is 1960 Revere Rd Cleveland Heights OH. It's a 4 BR 3 BA SFH in average condition (if you need any pics let me know). Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Seibert
  • Investor
  • Frederick, MD
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Frederick, MD
Replied Jul 26 2022, 17:20
Quote from @Bob Okenwa:

@Benjamin Seibert

Rough estimate would be around $1-$1.50 per square foot off the top of my head. BP calculator or rentometer is a decent starting point and you can drill down on what's listed in the area online and begin to gauge what the price should be.

The address is 1960 Revere Rd Cleveland Heights OH - 4 BR 3 BA 2463 SF. Thanks!

User Stats

Votes
Andrew Weiner
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, Oh
Votes |
Property Manager
  • Property Manager
  • Cleveland, Oh
Replied Jul 26 2022, 18:06
Quote from @Benjamin Seibert:
Quote from @Bob Okenwa:

@Benjamin Seibert

The address is 1960 Revere Rd Cleveland Heights OH - 4 BR 3 BA 2463 SF. Thanks!

I sent a PM with my thoughts.  Seems low for sure though   

User Stats

Votes
Shane Kelly
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jul 27 2022, 06:55
Quote from @Erin Dorsey Robinson:

Hi @Benjamin Seibert!

Yes, no problem. The address is 1960 Revere Rd Cleveland Heights OH. Thanks!

Lowest comp is right around $2000 a month, highest is right around $2500. Assuming that yours is in market condition, it will depend on what you offer that will decide where you are in that range. If your PM is suggesting $1100 a month, you may want to find a new PM.

User Stats

Votes
Gabrielle Gratz
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cleveland, OH
Replied Jul 27 2022, 10:51

@Benjamin Seibert 

We are a full-service property management company here in Cleveland with roughly 2000 doors under our management. I ran a  rental analysis for you on your property and looks like you should expect (in market-condition) a rent price around $ 1770.

I would love to connect to discuss our PM services with you, and I can send over the report! 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jun 28 2023, 11:22

***Fake mortgages are being filed against properties in Cleveland and they are targeting out of state investors.  

Our signature was forged as the "borrower" and the notary notarized the signature of the supposed lender-for $98,000.  We were getting ready to close with an end buyer, but now we can't sell because of a fake mortgage that we are forced to legally remove with due process at our expense. How many people of thousands to throw at attorneys to defend property rights?

Cuyahoga County said they just record.  Notary says they just notarize.  Neither the county recorder or the notary reviews documents for validity or enforcement, they said.  

We found out about the fake mortgage when reviewing title work in preparation of closing with an end buyer. No notice was sent to our office or any addresses for our LLC that owns the property. It's possible notice of the fake mortgage recording was just sent to the property and the tenants brushed it aside because it wasn't addressed to them.

Financial Crimes Unit for Cleveland has had the report for almost two months and the case has yet to even be assigned.  They do not return phone calls and we aren't even sure they exist.  

We have almost $3,000 into attorney fees so far and Cuyahoga County has blocked the emergency hearing so that we can all get on a call and kindly ask the fraudulent lien filer, Garrett Neal of San Diego (dba Neal Aviation), to please remove the mortgage lien.  What a joke.  

Garrett Neal filed the fake mortgage under an LLC, which was formed in Wyoming May 15th. The fake mortgage was filed under the LLC as the supposed lender earlier May 15th-before the company was even formed. The notary notarized the signature for fake lender LLC with no signing authority, resolutions....because the company didn't exist yet. The notary is in NJ and his name is Bipin Sabharwal. Bipin provided his log showing that the person signing started to sign my name, then crossed it out and signed as Garrett Neal. No red flags here???

We found Garrett Neal and called him and left a voice message.  The returned phone call was a phone number associated with Neal Aviation out of San Diego and to that of Garrett Neal. 

Garrett states that someone owes him money and he trying to get to the bottom of it, so he filed a fake mortgage, forged signatures and is now refusing to release it.  We even explained that we had nothing to do with any loans or debts associated with him.  

We found several other fake LLCs of Garrett's set up around the same time with names like Adios LLC, Adios G LLC, Adious LLC and similar names filed in Wyoming and Florida. The organizer information was left off of the other LLCs leaving other property owners to fight a ghost with additional fraudulent mortgages filed, it seems.

Garrett Neal is also a pilot listed on FAA website.  Sounds like there are several unhappy customers of Neal Aviation (Garrett Neal is the owner of the company on record)  for being sold bad parts and they're burning suppliers with hot checks for parts for privately owned aircraft (in their more recent business reviews). 

I've been a real estate investor for almost twenty years and I never thought this was even possible, but here we are.  Other investors may have seen a quitclaim deed filed where there were no mortgages or liens.  

If we drafted a release and had it notarized and recorded, we'd be facing felonies for fraud. 

BiggerPockets logo
Find, Vet and Invest in Syndications
|
BiggerPockets
PassivePockets will help you find sponsors, evaluate deals, and learn how to invest with confidence.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jul 17 2023, 08:12
Quote from @Gabrielle Gratz:

@Benjamin Seibert 

We are a full-service property management company here in Cleveland with roughly 2000 doors under our management. I ran a  rental analysis for you on your property and looks like you should expect (in market-condition) a rent price around $ 1770.

I would love to connect to discuss our PM services with you, and I can send over the report! 

Hi Gabrielle, I am looking to invest in the Cleveland area, but feel very lost about the areas and the properties I must select. Looking to purchase cash but no luck, are you able to help me in my search? 8138690081

User Stats

Votes
Eric Prescott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Union County, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Union County, NJ
Replied Sep 8 2023, 20:12

Does anyone have a general range on what a 4 BR 2.5 BA would rent for in Cleveland Heights OH? Our PM told us that they would rent it for $1100 but from all the other properties for rent in the area this seems very low. Our property needs a small amount of work (which we're currently doing - normal unit turnover work and a driveway sealing). Any help/color is greatly appreciated!

Didn't see the date on this one...

User Stats

Votes
Eric Prescott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Union County, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Union County, NJ
Replied Sep 8 2023, 20:14
Quote from @Nikki Dupoux St Jean:

@Benjamin Seibert 

Hi Gabrielle, I am looking to invest in the Cleveland area, but feel very lost about the areas and the properties I must select. Looking to purchase cash but no luck, are you able to help me in my search? 8138690081

Did this work out for you? Are you still looking to invest in Cleveland? What's your status?

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 18 2023, 16:04

@Benjamin Seibert 

Can you send me PM info too, I have three houses in Cleveland heights, but need someone good with lead inspections

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 18 2023, 16:06

Hey there, did you find a good PM please? I'm looking

User Stats

Votes
Eric Prescott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Union County, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Union County, NJ
Replied Sep 18 2023, 16:13
Quote from @Jemma Jacques:

Hey there, did you find a good PM please? I'm looking

I can put you in touch with CLE Premier Property Management Services. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 18 2023, 16:17

Do you have experience with them? I have been so burned by a terrible PM that I am very reluctant unless someone personally recommends them

User Stats

Votes
Eric Prescott
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Union County, NJ
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Union County, NJ
Replied Sep 18 2023, 17:15

Do you have experience with them? I have been so burned by a terrible PM that I am very reluctant unless someone personally recommends them

Yes. Two properties with them, rehab and rental. The SFR is done and rented out at $1875. The triplex should be done next month. Also, charges a flat rate for monthly PM fee, not a percentage.

User Stats

Votes
Replied Sep 18 2023, 20:26
Quote from @Eric Prescott:

Yes. Two properties with them, rehab and rental. The SFR is done and rented out at $1875. The triplex should be done next month. Also, charges a flat rate for monthly PM fee, not a percentage.

Ok if you could pls put me in touch m, thank you

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
#2 General Landlording & Rental Properties Contributor
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Sep 25 2023, 06:46

I would get 1500 all day, maybe more 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Sep 25 2023, 06:47

@Benjamin Seibert 

Can you send me PM info too, I have three houses in Cleveland heights, but need someone good with lead inspections

I know them all, I have reached out to you on PM several times but no response. 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Sep 25 2023, 06:48

@Benjamin Seibert 

I have personally had 100s pass the lead inspections, happy to help 

User Stats

Votes
Bob Stevens
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Cleveland
Replied Sep 25 2023, 06:50
Quote from @Nikki Dupoux St Jean:

@Benjamin Seibert 

I know dozens of cash buyers from around the world that have been buying in all the Cleveland markets for years, happy to offer advice.