• San Antonio, TX
Votes |
Looking to transition into working in real estate full-time

Natasha Pollock
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Antonio, TX
Posted Jul 19 2022, 09:29

Hi everyone, 

I recently chose to leave the restaurant business and am now actively seeking employment in the world of real estate. I am interested in working for a title company, property management company, commercial real estate brokerage.. really anything that will enable me to inundate myself in the business and soak up knowledge. I'm particularly interested in creative financing, rv parks, short term rentals, and commercial residential real estate... any tips, insights, or guidance would be much appreciated!

I am also awaiting my notary commission from the State of Texas in order to do loan signings as a mobile notary. I don't see this often talked about, any ideas why? It seems like a great way to get familiarized with loan docs and meet players in the industry, and I'm looking forward to being able to get started with that.

Thanks!

Natasha Pollock

User Stats

Votes
Lucia Rushton
  • Realtor
  • Dallas - Fort Worth Metroplex, Tx
Votes |
  • Realtor
Replied Jul 19 2022, 11:22

@Natasha Pollock. What is your long term goal in real estate ? Which side of the transaction do you want to be on ? Do you want a salary based job of a results driven compensation? Hope these questions help.

User Stats

Votes
Wale Lawal
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Houston | Dallas | Austin, TX
Replied Jul 19 2022, 13:09

@Natasha Pollock

Welcome to real estate world.

If you want to get into commercial real estate brokerage, start with understanding the basic fundamentals of commercial real estate.

You can also partner with experienced agents and investors initially as it will shorten your learning cure and save you a lot of headaches as they tend to understand the market better.

They can also help with market analysis on current rents, potential rents, appreciation, etc.

Here an article on 8 FUNDAMENTALS OF COMMERCIAL PROPERTY INVESTING FOR BEGINNERS https://realwealth.com/learn/c...

Good luck!

IRA Club  logo
IRA Club
|
Sponsored
An IRA Administrator Flat fees. No percentages. Grow your retirement fund: Invest in real estate with a self-directed IRA

User Stats

Votes
Natasha Pollock
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jul 20 2022, 14:14

@Lucia Rushton these are great questions, thank you! my long term goal is financial freedom, but beyond that I can't honestly say I have a crystal clear vision of what exactly I want my portfolio to look like. However, I do have general ideas of the types of investments I'm interested in. Right now I'd say I'm in a phase where I am very eager to learn the ins and outs of the practical/logistical aspects of acquiring properties, as well as meet as many people who are involved in real estate investing as possible! And I'm looking for more steady income for the time-being, being that I am working on acquiring my first property/house hack and I want to be able to show proof of income 

User Stats

Votes
Natasha Pollock
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Antonio, TX
Votes |
  • New to Real Estate
  • San Antonio, TX
Replied Jul 20 2022, 14:17

@Wale Lawal thank you for sharing that resource! I am definitely considering partnering and will be open to it should the right opportunity/partner present themselves! 

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Jul 28 2022, 21:48

Do it! And get entrepreneurial with it!! Check us out "Teifke Real estate" we got a lot of cool stuff going on 

User Stats

Votes
Lucia Rushton
  • Realtor
Votes |
  • Realtor
Replied Jul 29 2022, 07:08
Quote from @Natasha Pollock:

@Lucia Rushton these are great questions, thank you! my long term goal is financial freedom, but beyond that I can't honestly say I have a crystal clear vision of what exactly I want my portfolio to look like. However, I do have general ideas of the types of investments I'm interested in. Right now I'd say I'm in a phase where I am very eager to learn the ins and outs of the practical/logistical aspects of acquiring properties, as well as meet as many people who are involved in real estate investing as possible! And I'm looking for more steady income for the time-being, being that I am working on acquiring my first property/house hack and I want to be able to show proof of income 

stay active with your networking. If I can suggest you write down your goals and get super clear; start big and then work backwards so you have attainable and manageable goals otherwise it's easy to get despondent. You said you want a job in this industry and my question is a W2 paid position in a real estate related business or a commission based position like sales where you get paid for your results? 

User Stats

Votes
Bruce Woodruff
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Votes |
Pro Member
#4 All Forums Contributor
  • Contractor/Investor/Consultant
  • West Valley Phoenix
Replied Jul 29 2022, 07:17

Good move towards achieving your goals! Next I would try to identify which segment of this industry you really have some passion for.....Is it vacation rentals? Or typical long term rental? Or anything in between.... This way you can focus your learning instead of being spread all over the place.

I'd also try to get some experience in the construction field, you can have a huge advantage when dealing with fixer properties (which almost all are in one way or another :-)