User Stats

Votes
Oshri Ben haim
Votes |
Best/Worest Neighborhoods In Columbus Area

Oshri Ben haim
Posted Jul 24 2022, 23:20

Hello dear forum members.

I am currently focused on finding deals in Columbus Area.

I would be happy to hear from you recommendations on the best neighborhoods to Fix & flip.

The best neighborhoods for rent?

And which neighborhoods should not be approached?

Thanks in advance.

User Stats

Votes
Remington Lyman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 25 2022, 09:45
Quote from @Oshri Ben haim:

I would be happy to hear from you recommendations on the best neighborhoods to Fix & flip.

Thanks in advance.

North Linden, South of Main, Vassor Village, Woodland Park, MT Vernon, Milo-Grogan, Franklinton, Merrion Village, Hungarian Village, Southern Orchards, Driving Park, Olde Towne East, Franklin Park, King Lincoln, Old Oaks, Livingston Park are all but not limited to some areas in Columbus, Ohio I think will gentrify quickly and make for great long term buy and holds.
  • Real Estate Agent Ohio (#2019003078)

Reafco Logo

User Stats

Votes
Austin Steed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 25 2022, 10:17

My favorite neighborhoods in columbus are where I "you can see the light at the end of the tunnel". Currently I like Southern Orchards, Franklinton, and Franklin Park. 

Some of the larger areas like South Linden, Hilltop and Whitehall are places I personally steer  clear from. 

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Joe Miller
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 25 2022, 10:21
Quote from @Remington Lyman:

Thanks in advance.

North Linden, South of Main, Vassor Village, Woodland Park, MT Vernon, Milo-Grogan, Franklinton, Merrion Village, Hungarian Village, Southern Orchards, Driving Park, Olde Towne East, Franklin Park, King Lincoln, Old Oaks, Livingston Park are all but not limited to some areas in Columbus, Ohio I think will gentrify quickly and make for great long term buy and holds.

Hit the nail on the head^^

User Stats

Votes
Simon Ashbaugh
  • Realtor
Votes |
  • Realtor
Replied Jul 25 2022, 15:10

If you're looking for LTR's i'd go for Franklinton, Merion Village, King-Lincoln Bronzeville, Franklin park. an for flips Whitehall, North Lindon, Forest Park East, Minerva Park, Blacklick Estates. Not all the areas I thing would be good, but a few, and you certainly can rent or flip in any of the listed areas. I just think the areas are better suited to the respective lists.

User Stats

Votes
Steven Foster Wilson
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 26 2022, 09:22
Quote from @Remington Lyman:

Thanks in advance.

I agree with Remington! I bought my most resent BRRRR in King Lincoln which has done great. I have done several flips in Linden. I have rentals all over although one of my favorites is on Campus.

User Stats

Votes
Oshri Ben haim
Votes |
Replied Jul 27 2022, 02:10

thank you all guys.(:

User Stats

Votes
Patrick Drury
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH & Cleveland OH
Replied Jul 27 2022, 08:50

@Oshri Ben haim
I would disagree. Hilltop, Whitehall, and south Linden are great places to invest for cash flow. I personally have rentals in Whitehall and Hilltop. It just boils down to what you are looking for and your expectations. If you want cash flow these will be better areas. Inherently, in rougher locations, you will get some problems that you won't have in nice locations. As long as you understand that upfront and are fine with that, then invest in these locations.  

Reafco- Logo

User Stats

Votes
Scott Allen
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Columbus, OH
Replied Jul 29 2022, 12:35

@Oshri Ben haim
If you're looking to flip, look for properties in North Linden and parts of Hilltop that need work and know your ARV so you know what to offer and how to budget properly.

Reafco - Columbus, OH  Logo