User Stats

Votes
Nathan Ashram
Votes |
Searching for the right buy before starting making any offers

Nathan Ashram
Posted Jul 26 2022, 14:18

Hi All 

Im a first time buyer/investor (the reason for investment is because I cant afford right now to buy where I live) and after watching, reading listening, I need an experienced advise.  

I have 2 locations that i'm interested to but/invest in a house for few personal reasons. (which one of it is I might move to the area in a year or so). 

My budget is 250K-270K. 

1. Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale Florida - at this location it will allow me to get a 1 or 2 bd condo. 

2. Houston TX - it will allow me a 3bd house. 

from an investor prospective: which one is the best to go with? (area wise). Im not familiar with those markets and I might be good with either, but wanted to get an expert opinion. 

If my question is too broad please let me know.

Thank you 

Nathan

User Stats

Votes
B.R. Marshall
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Katy, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Katy, TX
Replied Jul 26 2022, 14:44

Howdy Nathan,

I'm am a home owner / Realtor / Investor in the Houston, TX area.  I think Texas and Florida are both great options. I can tell you that with your budget, you shouldn't have an issue finding a 3/2 in a decent neighborhood in the Houston area. Also, the market is improving in Houston from a Buyer's point of view, so it's a good time.  Feel free to DM me and I can give you more detailed advice and answer any questions you might have.

User Stats

Votes
Holly Kaufman
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Houston, TX
Replied Jul 26 2022, 15:37

@Nathan Ashram

Hi Nathan,

I am an investor in the Houston and Galveston markets. While I cannot speak on your other option, investing in Houston has really served me well over the years. It’s a steady market and there are many investment pockets and gentrifying areas for both the cash flow and appreciation plays. I would say my favorite aspect is that my strategy for a single property can easily change depending on what the market is doing due to no zoning laws. Between that and the fact that Houston is so spread out, most strategies will work.

If you would like to jump on a call, I would love to help you out and answer any questions you have.

Regardless of location, my advice is to get in the game. I started in 2014 and while that first property was incredibly stressful, I can’t imagine my life any other way. Passive income is a beautiful thing.

Good luck!

Holly

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Ray Hage
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Votes |
  • Investor
  • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Replied Jul 28 2022, 07:24
Quote from @Nathan Ashram:

Hi All 

Im a first time buyer/investor (the reason for investment is because I cant afford right now to buy where I live) and after watching, reading listening, I need an experienced advise.  

I have 2 locations that i'm interested to but/invest in a house for few personal reasons. (which one of it is I might move to the area in a year or so). 

My budget is 250K-270K. 

1. Hollywood/Fort Lauderdale Florida - at this location it will allow me to get a 1 or 2 bd condo. 

2. Houston TX - it will allow me a 3bd house. 

from an investor prospective: which one is the best to go with? (area wise). Im not familiar with those markets and I might be good with either, but wanted to get an expert opinion. 

If my question is too broad please let me know.

Thank you 

Nathan

Hi Nathan. The question is a bit broad. I started investing in Fort Lauderdale and the surrounding area in 2015 and I have done very well with it. Right now, it is still a seller's market but it is cooling a bit. However, I expect it to continue growing in the long term due to a multitude of factors like increase immigration from South America and national migration especially from the NY/NJ area. I am not super familiar with the Houston area but I would expect better appreciation in south FL.

However, regardless of financials, you need to decide where you would be happy living and your lifestyle. I'd be happy to chat about it on a call if you'd be interested in learning more.