User Stats

Votes
Linh Khuc
Votes |
Justin Colby Elite Program

Linh Khuc
Posted Oct 25 2022, 18:32

Hi all,

I'm interested in Justin Colby's Elite Program from The Science of Flipping and I'm wondering if anyone had some experience with his coaching program?

My goal is to expand my footprint in the real estate investing. 

Details of his coaching:

User Stats

Votes
Malcomb Stapel
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Topeka, KS
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Investor
  • Topeka, KS
Replied Oct 25 2022, 18:52

@Linh Khuc  there is a growing thread on the forum about fake guru's, you may want to check it out. I'm not saying that's the case with this guy, he could be completely legit, and his course may change your entire trajectory. But there are plenty of folks out there just re-branding what you can get for free on youtube or pay $20 for and read in a book. They sell intellectual property at a premium to folks who know what they want, but just don't know how to get it. A lot of whom would be better off using that money on their first property. 

On a side note I've actually been to a guru event before. I signed up for the freebie and ended up buying $200 worth of extra materials and signing my wife and I up for the three day seminar. By day 1.5 we bailed when we realized they had been setting everyone up to buy into their entry level program at $20,000. The best thing that came of it was my wife was finally on board with buying real estate. We took that same $20,000 and made a down payment on a duplex that cashflows over $900 a month. 

User Stats

Votes
Linh Khuc
Votes |
Replied Oct 26 2022, 07:28
Quote from @Malcomb Stapel:

@Linh Khuc  there is a growing thread on the forum about fake guru's, you may want to check it out. I'm not saying that's the case with this guy, he could be completely legit, and his course may change your entire trajectory. But there are plenty of folks out there just re-branding what you can get for free on youtube or pay $20 for and read in a book. They sell intellectual property at a premium to folks who know what they want, but just don't know how to get it. A lot of whom would be better off using that money on their first property. 

On a side note I've actually been to a guru event before. I signed up for the freebie and ended up buying $200 worth of extra materials and signing my wife and I up for the three day seminar. By day 1.5 we bailed when we realized they had been setting everyone up to buy into their entry level program at $20,000. The best thing that came of it was my wife was finally on board with buying real estate. We took that same $20,000 and made a down payment on a duplex that cashflows over $900 a month. 

Malcomb, thank you for the advice, I've been investing and currently owned a couple rental properties, been trying to expand my footprint into real estate investing and expand my portfolio, looking into a couple directions, 1- Looking to buying commercial multifamily, 2- wholesaling to get additional capital (buy-hold).

Wholesaling is new to me and been readings, there's are several factors to overcome and become successful in wholesaling so I'm hoping to invest in a coaching program helping me overcome the difficulties and shorten the time self-learning and have a higher chance of success.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Cory Collins
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Apr 29 2023, 11:21

did you end up going thru with the coaching?

User Stats

Votes
Replied May 3 2023, 12:24

I'm also curious if you went through with this program. I'm considering it myself and it appears legit. 

User Stats

Votes
Cory Collins
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Tampa, FL
Replied May 3 2023, 13:27

I personally decided not to go with it.  After going thru a lot of his free training, I didn't personally see anything different that isn't all over you tube.  I can't say the coaching program would be more valuable but I don't feel comfortable dropping $7k and hope it's worth it

User Stats

Votes
Replied Dec 6 2023, 19:43

I read something about his program where a guy signed up for it, never hit the "activate" button and decided not to move forward.  Asked for a refund and Colby said nope, even though the guy never activated the program.  I get it it's in JC's contract but c'mon the guy didn't activate it, so makes me think JC is all about $$$$.....I have a problem with JC "masterclass program developers" who say they make so much money in real estate yet still have to do "coaching".  Why?  It's not to help people it's to sell a quick gimmick and do less work.  I was about to see what he is all about but got so turned off becasue I was being texted and emailed daily by his assistants asking me if I started yet. Too much of a hard sell.  I also cant take him serious when he starts off with "YO YO".....not my thing.

User Stats

Votes
Chris Seveney
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Votes |
Pro Member
#1 All Forums Contributor
  • Investor
  • Virginia
Replied Dec 7 2023, 03:54

@Linh Khuc

Any program that has the word “elite” in it I would run far away.