Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes

Investment network groups

Posted Oct 29 2022, 10:11

ISO real estate investor network groups in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, Sarasota or Bradenton. I'm a Licensed Realtor looking to buy my first short-term rental property and seeking knowledge from those with experience, as well as, reliable professionals in Insurance, Mortgage, etc. 

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Replied Oct 29 2022, 11:37
Hi Danella,
Welcome to BP. I own a unit in a condo-hotel in Treasure Island. I have a local property manager. I use the property myself for 4-8 weeks a year and rent out the rest with VRBO. Condo-assn fees are expensive and I'm sure insurance will be going up. It is making money, but not a huge amount. I love having the place to visit but don't look at it as a performing investment.

User Stats

Votes
Khaled Morad
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Tampa, FL
Replied Oct 29 2022, 12:33
Quote from @Benjamin Aaker:
Hi Danella,
Welcome to BP. I own a unit in a condo-hotel in Treasure Island. I have a local property manager. I use the property myself for 4-8 weeks a year and rent out the rest with VRBO. Condo-assn fees are expensive and I'm sure insurance will be going up. It is making money, but not a huge amount. I love having the place to visit but don't look at it as a performing investment.

I passed up on an awesome condotel unit on treasure island 1.5 years ago :( How close are you to the beach? The one I passed on was right on the beach.

@Danella Swanson Munoz I host a local meetup once a month. You should join us. All sorts of investors come. It’s a great time and place to network: search Tampa Bay Free RE meetup  next one is Nov 16. 6pm at cigar city brewing.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Raymond J. Rodrigues
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Votes |
Lender
Pro Member
  • Lender
  • Miami, FL
Replied Oct 29 2022, 18:53

Hi @Danella Swanson Munoz, I suggest reaching out to @Josh Green. He's currently assisting a client of mine with purchasing a STR as we speak! He is a wealth of knowledge.

Helm Mortgage Corp Logo

User Stats

Votes
Benjamin Aaker
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Brandon, SD
Replied Nov 4 2022, 11:24
Quote from @Khaled Morad:
Quote from @Benjamin Aaker:
Hi Danella,

I passed up on an awesome condotel unit on treasure island 1.5 years ago :( How close are you to the beach? The one I passed on was right on the beach.

@Danella Swanson Munoz I host a local meetup once a month. You should join us. All sorts of investors come. It’s a great time and place to network: search Tampa Bay Free RE meetup  next one is Nov 16. 6pm at cigar city brewing.

It's on the bay. The condo has 3 docks, which are really nice. I have to cross the road to get to the beach. The road is unfortunate, but the walk is easy. 

User Stats

Votes
Carolyn Yates
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sarasota, FL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Sarasota, FL
Replied Jan 9 2023, 17:06

Here is some information on the real estate investment group in Sarasota. Sarasota REIA I am glad to share my knowledge of the STR market as well. Feel free to reach out.

User Stats

Votes
Lyndsay Zwirlein
  • Lender
Votes |
  • Lender
Replied Jan 10 2023, 06:25
Quote from @Danella Swanson Munoz:

ISO real estate investor network groups in St. Petersburg, Clearwater, Tampa, Sarasota or Bradenton. I'm a Licensed Realtor looking to buy my first short-term rental property and seeking knowledge from those with experience, as well as, reliable professionals in Insurance, Mortgage, etc. 

Hey Danella! Would love to connect! From a lender/mortgage perspective, I've helped clients purchase STRs in most of these markets. Also I'll be living down in the Orlando area in Jan/Feb this year, so would love to connect if you're still looking! 

User Stats

Votes
Mark Munson
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Votes |
Lender
  • Lender
  • Orlando, FL
Replied Jan 10 2023, 06:45

Welcome @Danella Swanson Munoz

I'm based in Orlando, but you can check out the TBREIA and the Tampa REIA. We invest and finance a lot of deals in the Tampa Metro, so happy to help provide some insights or guidance where I can. Best of luck!