• Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Discussion: Areas in Cincinnati on the rise

Marco Fiore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Posted Nov 10 2022, 07:35

Realtors and Investors.... What are your favorite areas in Cincinnati that most people aren't aware of? 

Mine are:

Deerpark/Silverton - Businesses opening up everywhere including a brewery (Highgrain), bringing in a younger, more energetic community. It's along I-71 that can get you most places in Cincinnati relatively quick.

Madisonville - People in Cincinnati probably know about Madisonville, but out of state investors listen up. Madisonville is nestled up between Mariemont and Oakley with exponential growth in both residential and commercial sectors. This area looks much different than it did five years ago, but there is much more to come.

College Hill - Clean, walkable, and vast redevelopments in the business sector (grocery stores & shopping areas) including a Sleepy Bee that just opened up. Lots of local events to give it a community feel. 

Norwood - There's a reason its called "The gem of the highlands". Great location (near Rookwood, Oakley and not far from downtown). New developments happening everywhere. 

Excited to hear what everyone else thinks!

User Stats

Votes
Dave Spooner
Pro Member
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 10 2022, 09:55

Northside is definitely a favorite of mine. The neighborhood is walkable and has some fantastic stores and food spots. There are a lot of houses being built there as well. 

User Stats

Votes
Jordan Fiore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 10 2022, 12:17

Great post! 

Northside is a great addition as well. @Dave Spooner

I would add Kennedy Heights to the deer park/Silverton mixture. It has a little rougher streets but great location snug between some great areas.

I am a BIG fan of that College Hill selection. Sleep Bee just opened up there and that is one of my favorite brunch spots. There are only 3 other locations(Downtown, Blue Ash, and Oakley) Sleepy Bee knows the up and coming areas. All of those areas are fantastic.

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Conn G.
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 11 2022, 05:17

I huge fan of North Avondale homes. Huge homes and lots. Not a big fan of the crime. Maybe one day. . .

But East Walnut Hills/Evanston has seen some huge growth as well

User Stats

Votes
Alvin Roehr
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati
Replied Nov 11 2022, 09:33

Marco i would agree with all of those areas as far as move in ready/almost move in ready houses. They are all on the upswing and have been for a while. I’d add anything walnut hills or mount adams for property value as long as it’s not in a dicier area as well 

User Stats

Votes
Slocomb Reed
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Nov 11 2022, 13:37

Y'all are bringing up some great points and great parts of town for sure! I've lived in Northside since 2018 and my office hack is right on Hamilton Ave less than a block away from Sidewinder.

Two main comments on the neighborhoods that have been posted here, I'm going to list them under a couple labels that I think will help people understand what's happening in each of those areas right now. Then I have one to add that may surprise y'all!

Later-Stage Gentrification, Prices Already Way Up From 3-5 Years Ago (and climbing): Deerpark/Silverton, Madisonville, Northside, East Walnut Hills

Major Growth But Be Careful Which Section Of The Neighborhood You're In: College Hill, Norwood, Evanston, Walnut Hills

NB I love North Avondale but there's a definite divide between the haves and the have nots there and it isn't changing any time soon. That said, Avondale proper is seeing a lot of redevelopment around the hospitals and the newer developments are pulling rents that nobody would have imagined five years ago.

But my pick for the neighborhood nobody is talking about:  Camp Washington!

It has the trendy 19th-century architecture, proximity to the downtown and uptown major employment centers, the arts crowd has moved in, and a couple major apartment redevelopments are full of white-collar Millennial and Gen Z renters paying a premium for loft apartments. That said, you still need to be on the right street or the right block to see big returns right now, but five years from now we'll be having a very different conversation about Camp Washington.

I'd love to continue this conversation about any of the neighborhoods mentions, please tag me in your reply if you'd like to hear more about what I'm seeing in any of these places!

User Stats

Votes
Shaan Puri
Pro Member
Votes |
Pro Member
Replied Jan 4 2024, 02:10

Distilled some of the above into a guide to Cinny neighborhoods 

https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/48/topics/1162144-ultim...

User Stats

Votes
Replied Jan 20 2024, 15:00
Quote from @Marco Fiore:

Realtors and Investors.... What are your favorite areas in Cincinnati that most people aren't aware of? 

Mine are:

Deerpark/Silverton - Businesses opening up everywhere including a brewery (Highgrain), bringing in a younger, more energetic community. It's along I-71 that can get you most places in Cincinnati relatively quick.

Madisonville - People in Cincinnati probably know about Madisonville, but out of state investors listen up. Madisonville is nestled up between Mariemont and Oakley with exponential growth in both residential and commercial sectors. This area looks much different than it did five years ago, but there is much more to come.

College Hill - Clean, walkable, and vast redevelopments in the business sector (grocery stores & shopping areas) including a Sleepy Bee that just opened up. Lots of local events to give it a community feel. 

Norwood - There's a reason its called "The gem of the highlands". Great location (near Rookwood, Oakley and not far from downtown). New developments happening everywhere. 

Thanks for the great post. I've been looking at several Cincinnati and Indianapolis neighborhoods to buy my first out of state rental property this year! 

User Stats

Votes
Marco Fiore
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Cincinnati, OH
Replied Jan 22 2024, 07:12

Of course, I just shot you a message! Would love to chat more about Cincinnati and the opportunities here.

User Stats

Votes
James Wise#1 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Votes |
James Wise#1 Real Estate Agent Contributor
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH
Replied Jan 24 2024, 07:18
Quote from @Marco Fiore:

Mine are:

Cinci is dope yo.