Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Curtin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Votes |
Top 3 very influential things that you learned this year?

Kyle Curtin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Posted Nov 21 2022, 11:19

What are the top 3 very influential things that you learned this year? 🤔

For me, these consisted of:

1.) Focus on doing “less”, ”better”. Focus on going very deep on the few things that you really enjoy/that matter the most and delegate out the necessary parts that you don’t enjoy/doesn’t fit your time/vision. Focus on those “gold medal” activities that you know you can excel in! Do NOT take on more than you can chew and spread yourself too thin!

2.) The power of community. I joined multiple mastermind groups this year that meet weekly, and have felt myself physically change in terms of mindset and have created some very meaningful & local relationships that are much deeper than others that I have had in the past. The effect of allowing yourself to become vulnerable with other people and understand that we are all going through some sort of crap in our lives, and that there is ridiculous power of going through it together was a huge eye opener!

3.) Building the parachute on the way down & self limiting beliefs. Humans oftentimes have tendencies to have a vision, and try to engineer and know everything about it BEFORE they take action. I was certainly one of those people, before joining one local mastermind group in particular. Very very recently, it has finally sunk in how important it is to learn a little bit about something, take imperfect action, fail as fast as you can, and move forward. Failing is a part of doing anything new! You NEED to fail to learn the ropes of that activity that you are pursuing, it is a part of the journey. If you are able to take the lessons from failing and implement them as fast as possible, you will progress at a rate that is of the same!

What are your top 3 takeaways from 2k22?

#Lowell #Boston #Gardner #Leominster #Fitchburg #Manchester #Worcester

User Stats

Votes
John Mathew
  • Real Estate Agent
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
Replied Nov 21 2022, 11:25
  1. Lean on connections that you have. If you're coming out of college, lean on your friends from high school, lean on your friends for college, lean on your you know fraternity, sorority brothers and sisters, lean on people that you've worked with in the past, that's your initial database that you're going to start with, get all those people into that CRM that we just talked about and let them know "hey what's going on man, it's been a little while "I wanted to connect with you, how have you been? "what's new?" And what are then going to ask? "Yo, what's new with you?" "Hey I'm in the real estate industry, funny you should ask" And then you know, you establish that relationship with them, now they know you're a realtor, stay in touch with them. That's where a large percentage of your business is going to come from, is those connections that you start out with.
  2. Treat every client like they're your only client. And what's beautiful when your newer, you might only have one client. This is a great thing, this is where you establish really good habits, every single client you work with, you want to make them feel extremely special, make them feel like they're the only client you're working with. And so really take the time and sit down, get as much face time with them as you can, build that relationship because those clients that you work with in the early years are going to often become some of your best referral partners for your entire career, they're also going to become your future sellers. So when I first started out I sold a lot of little $200,000 and $300,000 condos, to friends from school, to people that I worked with in the past, those connections that I mentioned and they all bought little condos, well three, four, five years later guess what they're doing? They're now selling those condos and they're buying houses or they're selling their little house and they're buying a big house. So really treat every client like they're your only client, establish that early on in your career and stick with that throughout your career, I don't care if you're doing 200 deals a year, all 200 of those clients should feel like they're your only client.
  3. Start on a team. This is the most important step - there's nearly a 90% failure rate of real estate agents as they get into this industry and I personally believe that it's because a lot of people try to do everything on their own, this is a very complex and can often be complicated industry, there's so many different things from lead generation to lead conversion to appointments to writing and negotiating contracts and managing escrows and all of this stuff, it could be extremely overwhelming, trying to do all of that stuff on your own is a huge mistake, find a great team in your area, interview two or three teams, pick the one that you feel is the best fit for you and you're in alignment with the culture and the goals that they have established.

User Stats

Votes
Nate Sanow
Pro Member
  • I​nvestor & Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Votes |
Pro Member
  • I​nvestor & Agent
  • Tulsa, OK
Replied Nov 21 2022, 11:31

Good post. Thanks for sharing. 

1. Not everyone will be loyal in business. Know this, anticipate it, and don't give all your energy and availability away for free unless it actually provides ROI.

2. Times change, and people change, but family is forever. Focus on them, as best you can, even if you have to be in hustle mode. 

3. Relax. Run the race but prioritize mental health, rest, days off and some fun. You will always come back to the grind a better person. 

FlipSystem logo
FlipSystem
|
Sponsored
Learn From Our Team. Earn 100% of the Profits. Join our community of 500+ investors! Avg profit per flip: $14k, Avg effort per week: 4hrs