Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Phillip Scalise
  • Natrona Heights, PA
Votes |
Best Virtual Mailbox for Real Estate Business!?

Phillip Scalise
  • Natrona Heights, PA
Posted Nov 22 2022, 15:03

Looking for recommendations on the best virtual mailbox for my real estate business, which primarily does buy and hold long-term rentals. Looking for a very reliable company that has a very user friendly, modern interface online and with mobile devices. Thanks for any and all help. So far, I have looked at ipostal1 and find it looks good but have no experience. 

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Nov 23 2022, 05:03

Hey @Phillip Scalise - Maybe a virtual mailbox is just a Natrona Heights thing and they don't have them here in Chicago where I am at, but I am guessing that is not the case.

Would you mind educating me and explaining what a virtual mailbox is and what it does?

User Stats

Votes
Phillip Scalise
  • Natrona Heights, PA
Votes |
  • Natrona Heights, PA
Replied Nov 25 2022, 13:13
 @Jonathan Klemm

A virtual mailbox is essentially a company that you hire to receive your mail, on behalf of yourself or a business you own. Much like a PO Box, you often want to use something that isn't tied to your name when setting up a business LLC, which requires a business address. The company receives your mail, scans to a portal and you decide what to do with it next (shred, save, mail to you, etc).

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jonathan Klemm
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Contractor
  • Chicago, IL
ModeratorReplied Nov 28 2022, 04:39

That's super interesting @Phillip Scalise, what is a ballpark cost for a virtual mailbox?

Currently, here in Chicago, I just use my personal address business address, but can 100% see the advantages of a virtual mailbox.  We do a decent amount of direct mail and if the mail house scanned that information that would be quite helpful for our returned mail.

User Stats

Votes
Richard Bechtol
  • Attorney
Votes |
  • Attorney
Replied Nov 28 2022, 06:46

Phoenix Digital Mailbox is a company that many business owners I work with use. I always recommend having a virtual mailbox to help put a little space between your business and your personal residence.

User Stats

Votes
John Warren
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • 1658 N. Milwaukee Ave Ste B PMP 18969 Chicago, IL 60647
Replied Nov 28 2022, 15:17

@Phillip Scalise we have been using Traveling Mailbox for quite a while. The service is great, and I did a ton of research initially before taking the plunge. At least here in Chicago they can also work as your physical mailing address for a business as well. 

• Real Estate Agent IL (#475.166619)

Forte Properties, Inc Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jennie Berger
  • Developer
  • Chicago IL
Votes |
  • Developer
  • Chicago IL
Replied Nov 30 2022, 11:34

I was going to ask the same question, @Jonathan Klemm! Glad to learn more about this service.

We have used a UPS Store address for the last 3 years and it works out well. I don't believe they scan all the mail, but they might offer that as an add on (not sure). What I like about the UPS store is it's brick & mortar, as opposed to a PO Box.

I swing by there once a month to grab any mail. Of course, we do most things online, so there is rarely anything of much importance in that box. For privacy purposes, however, I agree. Best not to use your home address, if possible.

Jennie Berger

Property People

User Stats

Votes
Nick L.
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Votes |
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Chicago, IL
Replied Dec 4 2022, 17:52

I have been using a UPS Store for several years. They work great as Jennie previously said. I used it for privacy purposes and have several of our LLCs registerd to the same mailbox. 

User Stats

Votes
Daniel Desrosiers
  • Investor
Votes |
Quote from @Richard Bechtol:

Phoenix Digital Mailbox is a company that many business owners I work with use. I always recommend having a virtual mailbox to help put a little space between your business and your personal residence.

How do you like Phoenix? Never see them mentioned and they have the best deal in town from what I can tell.

Thanks