General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Jordan King
Votes |
How to use someone else's 10% down payment

Jordan King
Posted Nov 25 2022, 19:12

Hello bigger pockets family. My name is Jordan King and I have an interesting question. My partner and I have both used up all of our conventional lending opportunities and are looking to do a deal involving other people, and possibly use their 10% vacation loan. Have any of you done a deal like this or have any ideas on how we should write this up? I would love any advice or thoughts. Thanks ahead of time!

User Stats

Votes
Jason Wray
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Votes |
Pro Member
  • Banker
  • Nationwide
Replied Nov 25 2022, 20:53

You can be on the loan as a non-occupant co-borrower and the "other" person can use their 10% down.  You can also buy a second home with a partner or family memeber and again use their 10% down or assets.  There are a few ways to set it up to avoid issues.. You want a game plan before you get into the application stage because it can cause issues redtape and be declined if not set up correctly.

User Stats

Votes
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Votes |
Eliott Elias#3 BRRRR - Buy, Rehab, Rent, Refinance, Repeat Contributor
  • Investor
  • Austin, TX
Replied Nov 25 2022, 20:53

Start using non qualifying mortgages such as DSCR, you can get as many as you want

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes