Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Curtin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Votes |
A few extra ways to increase your NOI! :)

Kyle Curtin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Posted Nov 30 2022, 04:24

When you are out and about looking for properties, always look for those "hidden" value add potentials to be able to juice your NOI (net operating income) in addition to rents!

Some of the potential areas for value add include:

🔒 Creating basic individual storage lockers/cages for extra space to rent for each unit. (I have seen these many times just made of plywood, chicken wire, and a lock!)

🪙 Installing a coin op washer/dryer set up in a basement/common area if applicable.

🚙 Renting out extra parking spots/garage bays if applicable.

There are many ways to be able to increase your net operating income in your properties, try to monetize any extra space that you have 😁!

Have a kickass Wednesday guys!

-Kyle

#Worcester #Lowell #Boston #Leominster #Gardner #Fitchburg

User Stats

Votes
Nick Riccio
  • Lender
  • Boston, MA
Votes |
  • Lender
  • Boston, MA
Replied Nov 30 2022, 07:55

@Kyle Curtin awesome share, man! 

I’ve done 2/3 of these and they have worked out great. At one of my properties, we rent out parking spaces to non-tenants for additional income, and we built storage in the basement.

Your spot-on with the storage units - they are incredibly easy/cheap to build and a great value add.

User Stats

Votes
Kyle Curtin
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Tewksbury, MA
Replied Dec 1 2022, 05:32
Quote from @Nick Riccio:

@Kyle Curtin awesome share, man! 

I’ve done 2/3 of these and they have worked out great. At one of my properties, we rent out parking spaces to non-tenants for additional income, and we built storage in the basement.

Your spot-on with the storage units - they are incredibly easy/cheap to build and a great value add.

My friend! Hello sir! Thank you so much! That is absolutely awesome, I realized I have a pretty solid amount of basement space to be able to make at least 3x storage units down there and it is certainly on my radar for the near future! We should catch up one of these days my man, it has been a while! :) Have an awesome day today!

BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Jeremy H.
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lafayette, LA
Votes |
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Lafayette, LA
Replied Dec 1 2022, 05:46

I am actually considering doing a laundromat in a lower income area - Not sure if it can be done - zoning, new construction, sewage, water etc BUT it would be immensely popular. I have one building with a big lot and have the area for it. Just have to see if it would be feasible