• Fremont, CA
Votes |
Best areas to invest in Nashville TN for appreciation

Jay Sheth
  • Realtor
  • Fremont, CA
Posted Dec 11 2022, 09:08

Hi Fellow investors,

We are exploring areas to invest in Nashville TN for appreciation. We are new out of state investors.

Which areas you have cash flow break even? Which areas you will expect hyper appreciation and which areas for cash flow positive?

Looking forward to your responses.

Jay

User Stats

Votes
Luka Milicevic
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Agent
  • Nashville, TN
Replied Dec 11 2022, 17:38

@Jay Sheth

Nashville proper - the metro area. Cash flow is N/A. (Assuming a 20% down-payment). 

Surrounding areas cash flow is also N/A after you factor in mgt fees, capex, repairs, etc. 

The only true cash flowing areas remaining are going to be the small towns that you've probably never heard of. You can still buy SFH homes under 100k that will meet the 1% rule.

You can break even in certain markets on certain properties, but they are harder to find and usually require some value add. 

If you're interested in talking more, I'd be happy to direct you to a few specific areas to look into. 

• Real Estate Agent Tennessee (#358883)

Middle TN Home Alliance Logo

User Stats

Votes
Jacob Gomes
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Nashville
Votes |
  • Real Estate Consultant
  • Nashville
Replied Dec 18 2022, 12:32

Look at the Glenncliff, paragon mills, woodbine area. There are still a ton of 60s/70s, brick homes that are being bought to be torn down and redeveloped. Over the next 5 years I'm super bullish on that area. 

East Nashville is already pretty expensive but isn't slowing down at all with the Oracle development just across the river. 

Just outside of East Nashville is Madison, still kinda rural but homes are affordable and I'm seeing a lot of money start to get interested in it. They have big plans for that city. Check out their plan

Host Financial  logo
Host Financial
|
Sponsored
15% Down DSCR Loans 80% Cash Outs Mention BPFORUM500 at Quoting to Wave $500 Processing Fee