Votes
Colby Zeger
Pro Member
Votes |
HELOC, SDIRA, 401k Loan

Colby Zeger
Pro Member
Posted Jan 30 2023, 09:42

I'm looking for some advice from more experienced investors. I'm always looking for ways to fund the next property and was wondering what order you would rank using a HELOC, SDIRA or 401k loan and why? Thanks for any guidance you can provide!

User Stats

Votes
Dmitriy Fomichenko
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Votes |
Tax & Financial Services
Pro Member
#1 New Member Introductions Contributor
  • Solo 401k Expert
  • Anaheim Hills, CA
Replied Jan 30 2023, 11:18

@Colby Zeger

There is quite a bit more to it than this... it depends... There is no single answer that would work for everyone. What is your investment experience? What is your risk tolerance? Your age and investment horizon? Your financial situation: are you retired, W2 job, own a business or self-employed? etc. etc. 

If you have funds in SD IRA - you have to invest inside of a tax-deferred vehicle, and that really has nothing to do with using a HELOC. The funds are there, you just need to decide which investment would be the best fit for YOU in an IRA. Then separately from that you need to analyze and decide on your personal investments... This is a conversation you should have one on one with a investment coach or advisor, I think it is beyond forum discussion.