Skip to content
General Real Estate Investing

User Stats

Votes

North Minneapolis investing

Posted Mar 22 2023, 13:34

I was just wondering if there's anyone in this group that is currently investing in the North Minneapolis area.  As we all know North Minneapolis is not known to be very nice. But I have noticed that there is demand for many people to use their Section 8 vouchers.  If there is anyone investing in North Minneapolis do you believe that you could get full fair market rent in that area with a fairly nice property or is it not worth the hassle of having the rough area and tenants.  Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated thank you

User Stats

Votes
Grigoriy Gorshteyn
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Votes |
  • Real Estate Broker
  • Minneapolis, MN
Replied Mar 22 2023, 15:39

Hey Jeremy!

I invest in North Minneapolis and run a property management company that manages a lot of Section 8 units. Feel free to reach out. 

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 22 2023, 21:52
N. Minneapolis is a tougher area to invest, so you definitely want to work with people having strong experience in that area.  I see@Grigoriy Gorshteyn already reached out, and definitely suggest you talk with him.  His company can do end-to-end for investors -- from buy to manage to sell.  He and his team at Algo Realty are extremely knowledgeable about N. Minneapolis, and handle a large number of properties there.
BiggerPockets logo
BiggerPockets
|
Sponsored
Find an investor-friendly agent in your market TODAY Get matched with our network of trusted, local, investor friendly agents in under 2 minutes

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 23 2023, 06:45

Looks like part of my reply got cut off

You probably know this already.  2023 MPHA payment standards and subsidy tables at

https://mphaonline.org/wp-cont...

https://mphaonline.org/section...

User Stats

Votes
Replied Mar 23 2023, 10:11

@wendyman thanks,  greatly appreciate the info.